2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 FN2

Car sometimes wheel spins with the slightest acceleration (pulling away in first trying to get onto a roundabout and the car basically doesn't move because of the wheel spin and the car seems to bounce up and down aswell) not exactly safe

It mostly happens in wet conditions
Sometimes I feel like I might aswell be driving a smart car as when I go to pull away with a bit of power the car basically doesn't move!

I can feel it more on drivers side but that might just be because that's right next to me.

Any ideas?

Tires? Drive train issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Buy some decent front tyres, personally recommend goodyear ASY3.

Also if you're spinning with VSA on then you're setting off way too fast or the tyres are naff as VSA should kill the power.

Also check the pressure, should be about 32-35

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,087 Posts
Ok clever ***** - if it was me pulling away like a maniac I would understand .....but it's not.

I'm talking moderate acceleration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahaha, I love it thanks for the kind comment.

Its not exactly rocket science is it? You have X amount of mechanical grip, if you overcome this, you will get X amount of wheel spin. If you have crap tyres on with poor grip in the wet it will increase the chances of wheel spin, hence you will have to adjust your driving to suit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To be honest I also have the same problem, but its only started happening so think its down to the drop in temperature, My tyres are Continental Sport Contact 5 so I assume when the temperature drops below 8 degrees celsius the summer tyre is not going to grip as well. If its wet and I rev to 2k I usually get wheel spin, so now I just make sure its below and I pull away fine. Other option is to try winter tyres I suppose.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
If slight acceleration does this in the wet then tyres must be the most obvious issue...

But if it's bouncing as well, surely that wouldn't happen with low acceleration. If I was to spin the wheels with moderate acceleration I'm sure it wouldn't bounce, there must be something else going on?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
No need for the **** or sad comments either.

·
Enjoying life
8,540 Posts
:burnout:

Tyres, driving style and conditions will be 90% of the problem. You ain't having a lot of joy with your motor Hendo.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
:burnout:

Tyres, driving style and conditions will be 90% of the problem. You ain't having a lot of joy with your motor Hendo.
That pause in the smiley always freaks me out xD

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
The "hopping" occurs when there's grip, but it's not constant so you get slip / grip / slip. The tyres can be a big factor in this.... I've had it only rarely on my Civic ,normally on roads with "chippings"... rather than a proper surface

1 - 17 of 17 Posts