2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that the " Trip A " of my Civic Type R FN2 reads less than the actual distance that I cover. Any idea what could be the problem? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you top up with fuel it will reset to zero automatically - a feature that can be disabled in the menus. I suspect you might know this already though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you top up with fuel it will reset to zero automatically - a feature that can be disabled in the menus. I suspect you might know this already though.
The trip reset as normally but the distance is not calculated correctly.
I traveled more than 300km and it only showed around 170km

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would see if it continues to under-read, then if it does, I would disable the auto-reset in the menus to see if it "thinks" you're topping up the fuel when you're not. I assume the fuel gauge sender is the detection device for the refuel so perhaps that is a bit sensitive or not reading correctly so keep an eye on the accuracy of the fuel gauge to see if that seems to read as it should (ie consistently falling and not rising without new fuel being added).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would see if it continues to under-read, then if it does, I would disable the auto-reset in the menus to see if it "thinks" you're topping up the fuel when you're not. I assume the fuel gauge sender is the detection device for the refuel so perhaps that is a bit sensitive or not reading correctly so keep an eye on the accuracy of the fuel gauge to see if that seems to read as it should (ie consistently falling and not rising without new fuel being added).
I have a turbo build and 1700cc injectors. Unfortunately fuel gauge will never be accurate.
Fuel gauge detects fuel if I refill at least around 7-8L so it resets the trip as normal

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
What have you tuned your car with? Could have something to do with it. If the fuel gauge isn’t reading right. Something hondata fixed years ago

1 - 14 of 14 Posts