2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to this so please be patient, not sure how all works, currently own an 04 reg ep3 type r, love it to bits and am seriously considering getting an fn2 type r but would love to hear from those in the know on how it compares to the ep3, thanks guys any opinions are welcome

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If i bought the fn2 i would be modding it quite heavily, mugen rear wing, mugen alloys, lowered, uprated brakes hondata flashpro etc, induction kit, exhaust system, very excited about the project but with the price of mugen parts i wonder if i should save time and money and just get a scooby wrx sti for the same money

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Mugen body parts don't make you go faster.you will just look like half the other civics out there. Get performance mods instead. So your car will be faster.
Graham

·
Registered
307 Posts
the fn2 feels more planted the ep3 and some people see this as a bad thing. Its definately not as thrashy or scrabbly as an ep3 (the vsa helps with that but you can turn it off and the car is more ep3 like). Its much nicer inside and i think sounds better as well. Its a little more grown up than the ep3 but with a few mods (filter, flashpro, frs) its a quicker, better car than the ep3.

you only live once, get one.

a scooby will be cheaper to tune and give more punch but i think the fn2 is a better car to drive...nothing better than a lightly tuned fn2 screaming in vtec.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If your looking for the mugen look, check out type r kits there kits are very similar to Mugens but a lot cheaper and good quality ;). On the other hand a genuine mugen kit looks very amazing

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Aerokit do a nice line in M Style also

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got my fn2, was initially dissapointed with it but having had it a couple of months it has grown on me, i have lowered it on eibach springs, got a tegiwa induction kit on it and uprated the brakes so far, going to order some rota wheels and a toda exhaust system tonight, thanks for the replys

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If i knew how to put pics on here i would lol, mugen rear wing will be ordered when i have a few more funds as they cost like an arm and a leg!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ep3 i had for nearly 3 years, i loved that car, was the first honda i ever owned, i just thought the fn2 would put as big a smile on my face as the ep3 did when i first drove it, but it didnt, i guess when i drove the ep3 first time i was new to vtec. Fn2 defo nicer inside, bulkier seats sounds meatier etc, ep3 felt more nimble, lighter, which it was i guess, but all in all i think the fn2 is the better car

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
If i knew how to put pics on here i would lol, mugen rear wing will be ordered when i have a few more funds as they cost like an arm and a leg!

If you open an account on Photobucket.com, you save your photo's on there, copy the link in a thread and magically photo's appear.

It's the devils work!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts