2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this idle when the engine has warmed up. At cold or cool it idles perfect, when its warm the idle starts to fluctuate between 600-1200 and engine shakes quite bad and eventually stalls.
The warmer it is the worse it gets. There are no error codes and it drives perfect but just wont idle when stationary.
This happens on stock tune, MAP tune and MAF tune. I have replaced the following-

TB
Inlet manifold gasket
Coil packs
MAP sensor
RRC Manifold

I tried hosing down the inlet manifold while the engine is running and it will idle. Once i stop watering it and it start to warm up again the idle issue comes back.
I'm out of ideas, the only thing i havent replaced are the spark plugs but i highly doubt it. Even on 3 cylinders i have this idle issue.
Only thing that is preventing if from the rough idle and stalling is hosing down the inlet manifold. I have bumped up the idle using flashpro to 1200rpm and it idles perfect.
I don't know what else to do. Datalog shows that the engine is running fine. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Has it had a custom tune done on it ?

have you a datalog you can post of it idling or a copy of your calibration you cana post. Have you ruled out your no.1 lambda

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yes I've got a custom tune and I have sent my datalog to the tuner but he can't see anything wrong. I have put back stock ecu and still doesn't go away.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Itll run grand Chris, makes sod all difference i ran for weeks with stock map and RRC inlet on the stock map- idled like a boss

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you checked for airleaks, split hoses etc the intake pipe from the airbox is none to split sometimes
I've checked for leaks and its all fine, if its a leak problem then it should idle high and not wanting to stall all the time. stoney can i email the datalog to you and you can post it up or something? i',m not good at that stuff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bit of history how it all started.
I went on a track day, came back in and it didnt want to idle. I let it cool down for a while and it was fine again.
Next few days was the same, it wont idle when its hot so i pulled apart my complete induction including airbox, TB, RRC, Vacume Hose, coil packs, rocker cover to check the cam positions.
Put everything back together and the idle problem went away. I thought it was a vacume hose and was not installed properly and was leaking.
Last week as i was driving it happened again and im still trying to fix it.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
One log

Definately no airleaks? can you get a healthy lambda from somewhere?

Did you over rev on the trackday, is compression and timing ok ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Compression is all even through the 4 cylinders. What I don't understand is that this problem only occurs when the engine is warmed up and hot or set to idle at 1200rpm. If I hose the inlet manifold with water then it idles fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.