2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, I noticed that low speed my ride gets a little bumpy and on high speed with some road depression, the stock suspension travels alot and would feel very soft or floating feel.

I am not keen to change to coilover however, would like some advise on any recommended springs ie: Eibach or etc would help the basic technical handlin of the car.

Thanks in advance for help.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
As you say, from my experience the stock ride is fairly appalling. I would describe it as crashy. It got to the point where I was wincing every time I saw even the tiniest of potholes, in anticipation of the impact it would cause.
At high speed, when really thrashing it there was some travel/floatiness as you said.

I have switched to the (30mm) Eibachs. The improvement, in my opinion is dramatic. They are progressive springs, so at low speeds are a lot more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, the ride is still hard, but it is now hard without the crashiness over the tiny little bumps.

At high speed the car feels so much better - it was good anyway but there is a lot more confidence now when turning in fast. Do a few searches for Eibachs and you will have your answer.

In terms of handling I also got the full FRS done - I think it terms of ride/handling Eibachs and FRS are the best mods you can do, save for spending £1k + on new suspension.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, you had been great help!

30mm is a little too low for me due to speed humps in my country. Are the 15mm Eibachs good and are they progressive?

Last question, any recommendation on where I can get them and competitive price of course (or link)?

Many thanks once again for your great help.

Cheers!

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
i find myself doing the wincing thing alot man even at the smallest joint in the road
can i change the springs without having to change the shocks?
and like le stig i dont want to go too low, what can you recommend?
As you say, from my experience the stock ride is fairly appalling. I would describe it as crashy. It got to the point where I was wincing every time I saw even the tiniest of potholes, in anticipation of the impact it would cause.
At high speed, when really thrashing it there was some travel/floatiness as you said.

I have switched to the (30mm) Eibachs. The improvement, in my opinion is dramatic. They are progressive springs, so at low speeds are a lot more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, the ride is still hard, but it is now hard without the crashiness over the tiny little bumps.

At high speed the car feels so much better - it was good anyway but there is a lot more confidence now when turning in fast. Do a few searches for Eibachs and you will have your answer.

In terms of handling I also got the full FRS done - I think it terms of ride/handling Eibachs and FRS are the best mods you can do, save for spending £1k + on new suspension.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Hi, you had been great help!

30mm is a little too low for me due to speed humps in my country. Are the 15mm Eibachs good and are they progressive?

Last question, any recommendation on where I can get them and competitive price of course (or link)?

Many thanks once again for your great help.

Cheers!
As far as I am aware, the 15mm Eibachs are progressive so you should see exactly the same benefits. ABP or TDI will be able to send you the Eibachs, although the 30mm's are ABP exclusive ;-) Not sure how much postage will be to Singapore though. They both have sections on the forum:

ABP Motorsport - Civinfo

Torque Developments International (North and South) - Civinfo

Just post a new thread and see what they say.
Welcome to the forum by the way - you will get lots of help here - really is a great place :)

i find myself doing the wincing thing alot man even at the smallest joint in the road
can i change the springs without having to change the shocks?
and like le stig i dont want to go too low, what can you recommend?
Yep the wincing thing is hideous isn't it. I'm failry certain you can just change the springs (unless I had the shocks changed without even knowing!).
They really do make a huge difference. As I said to le stig, just post in ABP/TDI sections.
If you'd rather not go too low then go 15mm's
Hope this helps!

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
As far as I am aware, the 15mm Eibachs are progressive so you should see exactly the same benefits. ABP or TDI will be able to send you the Eibachs, although the 30mm's are ABP exclusive ;-) Not sure how much postage will be to Singapore though. They both have sections on the forum:

ABP Motorsport - Civinfo

Welcome to the forum by the way - you will get lots of help here - really is a great place :)

Yep the wincing thing is hideous isn't it. I'm failry certain you can just change the springs (unless I had the shocks changed without even knowing!).
They really do make a huge difference. As I said to le stig, just post in ABP/TDI sections.
Hope this helps!
cheers buddy thats maximus helpus :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ABP Motorsport - Civinfo

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts