2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My key fob has failed to lock my car on a couple of occasions although it unlocked ok. Its currently working but I'm thinking my fob battery is on the way out.

I've got a couple on order but thought Id check about replacing it. After fitting it do I need to do anything to get the car to recognize it?

I had a Nissan where you had to do a ignition on/off sequence before it would work.

Cheers

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
My key fob has failed to lock my car on a couple of occasions although it unlocked ok. Its currently working but I'm thinking my fob battery is on the way out.

I've got a couple on order but thought Id check about replacing it. After fitting it do I need to do anything to get the car to recognize it?

I had a Nissan where you had to do a ignition on/off sequence before it would work.

Cheers
No mate nothing special, just make sure its good quality batteries the valeo remote dont like cheap batteries i use energizer for my conversions and never had a problem. :wink3:

Wardy

·
Registered
436 Posts
Maplin tried to sell me an own brand one for a £5er. He wasnt too happy when I told him no thanks lol

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Maplin tried to sell me an own brand one for a £5er. He wasnt too happy when I told him no thanks lol
Ya can buy Energizer batteries off a well known auction site for less than a quid robbing barstewards lol

Sent from my HTC M9 and the power of my thumbs.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ya can buy Energizer batteries off a well known auction site for less than a quid robbing barstewards lol

Sent from my HTC M9 and the power of my thumbs.
And then they wonder why no ones buying anything :-S lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts