2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the searchfunction did not give much of a result i was wondering, has anyone changed their Foglights for HIDS here?
it seems to be rather popular on the other side of the ocean (the usa) but i havent seen much over here.
wouldnt it be the same as swapping the H11 bulbs for a H11 hid kit like in the headlights, or would you be looking at a simular problem with the headlights, needing to be H7r rather then normal h7?

·
Dutch
1,945 Posts
as the searchfunction did not give much of a result i was wondering, has anyone changed their Foglights for HIDS here?
it seems to be rather popular on the other side of the ocean (the usa) but i havent seen much over here.
wouldnt it be the same as swapping the H11 bulbs for a H11 hid kit like in the headlights, or would you be looking at a simular problem with the headlights, needing to be H7r rather then normal h7?
I just have changed the bulbs for LEDs! Looks very good:)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I'd imagine it would be relatively easy to convert your foglights to HIDs.

You'd need a bulb designed for reflector housing though (eg. H7R) as opposed to projector housing.

It would render your foglights completely useless though as the light output needs to be yellow to cut through fog.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

You'd need a bulb designed for reflector housing though (eg. H7R) as opposed to projector housing.

It would render your foglights completely useless though as the light output needs to be yellow to cut through fog.

Unless you find a 4k (ish) bulb.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

the color is not much of a problem, H11 in 3000K are easy to find.
and 3000K are yellow/gold :)

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or get some yellow fog light protectors ;)
that would change the color but i dont know if it would cut the mustard with HIDS.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just have changed the bulbs for LEDs! Looks very good:)
looks good but renders the fogs useless if its foggy, LED has not enough Lumens and lightoutout to light the road, even in normal conditions :(

2,111 Posts
If you want DECENT fog hid's, go for a fog projector retrofit. That's the only right way... Fusion foglight projectors are pretty good with both halogen and hid (example: Output shots: Fusion fogs - H11 w/ 4300k, 35W)
If you want decent fogs, without much effort, stay with OEM halogen (also the bulbs).

If you want fogs that only look good, go for a led H11 bulb, or a H11 hid-look halogen bulb.
If you want something that really looks great, go for the DRL's from Atomic or Bog.

Visit my thread if you want to know the best light output solutions (which do look awesome too) ;-)

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Good to use them as DRLs.

A cheap and easy way to get them with no need to install a DRL kit.
DRL is something different then foglights in Holland, a DRL should be turned off or atleast get dimmed when turning on the normal lights, which foglights wont without a special DRL module.

I do think however, that it looks good!!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
A lot of money to be spending on lights that are rarely used. MrJP sold me some foglight bulbs that are a better match to the HIDs and damn bright too!

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont want them to match my HIDs, i want them to be yellow/gold, the 3000K color is perfect :)
im not going to buy them now, im just looking into the options :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've done mine :)

H1, H7 & H11's
Even though they are all 6000K, my Fogs are more blue than the others which are pure white (Different suppliers). I like it like that. Maybe one day I'll change the fogs for 4000K yellow bulbs, as I think they'll also look good.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.