2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Fog Inserts

3K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Foulsmell 
#1 ·
Ok so i have a cracked fog light, and its the perfect opportunity to get rid of them and get some fog inserts. just after some feedback from those who have them. who has the mugen ones and think theyre worth the hefty price? who has the tegiwa one's and thinks theyre good for the money and are good enough quality? or who has bought some from somewhere completely different? a pic of them on the car would be great aswel. many thanks :)

#2 ·
alright mate i have got the tegwia carbon inserts in mine got them as i have fitted the induction kit as well so for the feed but i think they are smart quality is good i dont have any pic of them off the car but i do of them on

#6 ·
ok cool cheers mate, im wondering wether to go for the carbon one's or stick with the black theme

#10 ·
This is on my list on things to do haha

Brake upgrade (disks, pads, hoses & Fluid) has helped the overall brake performance, but DAMN do they overheat if I give it 'some' haha

#14 ·
I would. Keeps all the leaves etc out of the bay and getting sucked up towards the filter. Wouldn't be the easiest job to clear it. I got some diamond shaped grill from eBay. Just cut a square and mold it around the hole, glue and trim. 30 minute job. Looks good and has a function.

#16 ·
#21 · (Edited)
sorry mate not sure how to put pic in properly hers the link to my flickr with the pic
IMG_1542 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_1582 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
and i didnt bother with a grill behind mine that was the only thing i was a little disappointing about that drivers side didnt have a grill as i am not using that to duct air to anywhere but i sticker bombed it so u couldnt see the washer bottle

Flickr doesn't allow embedding within frames.

No idea why...

#17 ·
I have genuine Mugen inserts, they fit nicely however if you buy them be prepared to hit the wall with your head. Its totally not worth the money you pay for it, I bought them before Tegiwa came out and because i badly wanted to get rid of the fogs.

The advantage of Mugen is that you just have a one hole in right insert, not in each other so you dont have to paint the thing which is behind the left insert with spray.

Overall effect is really nice especially on colours like MR, CW or AS and along with Mugen grill

#20 ·
Cheers for the input guys, deffinately not going for the mugen ones. i do love quality kit but for what they are the cost isnt worth it. those FC design one's look mint, but im not sure carbon will match my theme. tegiwa for the win i think!

#24 ·
I made my own out of the covers you get on the 1.4s

#25 ·
any pics?

I thought about doing that but bought the tegiwas instead

#26 ·
Will try and get some the now

#27 ·
what do you think

Attachments

#28 ·
that looks good nice one! Looks nice and standard at first glance and also has the mesh situation already solved so no problems with leaves etc. :thumbsup:

#30 ·
On the power side of things you won't see a noticeable difference anyway. Every little helps but there won't b any difference as I already have a feed from the scoop

#32 ·
Completely up to you but I didn't have a spare £300 for something that will do the same job.

#34 ·
Haha so you will stick to the r and d of mugen but wait for some one to bring out copies of them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.