2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried my fog lights for the first time the other day and my car filled with the smell of burning plastic. I switched them off to find the inside of my fog light smouldering. Naturally I took it into honda the following morning expecting to be told that it would be fixed under the honda happiness guarantee. I was told otherwise and that my honda happiness guarantee was void due to "foreign deleterious material" inside my light (tiny patch of condensation) and that this is a common problem with all makes of cars and not just mine. Surly this isn't true, has anybody else had a similar problem with their civic? or their honda delership?

I used to have a toyota and when I told them I had condensation in my rear lights they changed it straight away free of charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They "checked the connections" and they were fine and they are original parts not aftermarket but I can't see how a small patch of condensation could short it and make it catch fire

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Contact the manager or Honda UK, this is not acceptable... Condensation would not be the cause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to the service manager at the time and she tried telling me that glass parts are not covered and I had to inform her that it was made from plastic so she wasn't all that helpful because it seemed to me that she was making up excuses and hoping I would not challenge it. I also phoned the number that was on top of my Honda happiness terms and conditions who informed me that they couldn't do anything because the dealerships word was final.

Thankfully I have rang honda uk and they advised me to take it elsewhere but if they agree not to do it under the warranty I'll have to pay for it to be repaired

1 - 4 of 4 Posts