2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Just wanted to put a quick post up about something that surprised me today.

My fog lamps are in a right state, letting in water and scorched/corroded. Amazingly they still work fine!

I plan on replacing them so I had a look at removing them today. I read a lot about how to access the retaining bolt and knew that the offside lamp would be simple enough. Since I have a diesel I was expecting the nearside to blocked by other parts and be a pain but when I came to look, I found I had the holes in the bumper but that there were also two further holes up inside the bumper that provided access to the bolt and screw adjuster. As a result it was easy to pop the lamps out, only needing to be careful not to drop the bolt when removing it.

I'm just wondering if this is something that was fixed in the later facelift models or if I have an unusual car in some way.

I've attached two photos, one showing the offside and the other, the nearside with the inner holes. It should be clear which is which.

After my wretched luck with my panoramic roof glass, this was a tiny ray of sunshine! Small mercies and all that!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
i have had to replace one of mine, yes there are access holes in the bumper to get to the bolts, you just need a log reach socket to get at them. the bulb had come out of one of mine before i brought the car and smashed behind the bumper so i had live bare wires if i turned the fogs on, and the fog light had rusted up, got mine from ECP, payed about £25 including bulb

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts