2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know about the Perspex covers that are available, but any of you guys had window tinting put on ya fog lights ? Was going to spray them but heard the spray can look green faded after a bit ? So seen a few tuning shops using tint film on the lights ? Do ya think it would last on the outside ? Cheers for any pics / advice . I want dark smoke / black out.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
The covers both tint and protect. Surely the best choice?

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I hear ya mate, but wanted totally flush look to the lights ? Unsure wether I will Achieve with the lens ? Hence I was prob going down the tint route poss ? Thanks for ya thoughts mate.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
i had the plastic covers from this forum to begin with but i think they don't look good at all, i have yellow tint on mine.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man, yeah I have Milano as well and do like the yellow , does look really smart I think against the red, what was yours mate ? A spray or film and is it lasting with washing car etc ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I recently fitted yellow protectors to my silver civic, I attached them with the scotch lock fixings but they stuck out to far for my liking. I could see behind them from both sides and from above as the scotch lock fixings are **** 5-6mm, so I removed them. I've now stuck them on with mammoth double sided tape and they sit a lot more flush with the bumper as this is only 1mm thick!

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers man, yeah that's a good shout to fix with strong double sided. I bet they sit a lot more flush like ya say now.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car looks lovely in vivid blue, yeah was thinking more of the tint film stuff like used on headlights, then you would get a super flush fit. I hope ! Just wondering if anyone used it and does it last. Thanks

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Hey man, yeah I have Milano as well and do like the yellow , does look really smart I think against the red, what was yours mate ? A spray or film and is it lasting with washing car etc ? Thanks
i bought a cheap 99p 30cmx60cm piece of film from ebay and its lasted well over a year, only issue is it looses the colour after a while. i bought some more as mine look a little burnt from the fogs and now waiting for it to come from china.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I prefered the tint film too... ebay, 1 A4 sheet does both fogs. Cost under 3 quid 👌

Not a great pic 😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good mate, what's the trick ? did you fold it around the edges of the lamp ? Looks great job !

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Looks good mate, what's the trick ? did you fold it around the edges of the lamp ? Looks great job !
Basically, put them on wet. Squeegee out the water bubbles. Then I heat gunned them, tucked them in as you say. Then just trimmed them with a scalpel. Job done. Took about 20 mins. 😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
My cars nighthawk black and I covered the fogs with fly eye film and they look really good.
I'd put a picture up but I've never been able to sus out how on here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts