2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am civic noobie as I just bought a Civic 2012 (made in 2011) yesterday.

I notice that my civic has two bottom lights (fog lights) and I couldn't get it lit up at all. I can't find any info on why those won't lit up. Maybe I guess those are "dummy" glass, as fog lights for those are optional?

I would like to access to brochure for Civic Mk 8 to see if fog lights are standard or optional but I can't find it on this site or flickr (those are not available).

Please can anyone with Civic Mk8 2011 confirm that fog lights for bottom glass are optional , or should be working (as standard fit)?

Thank you for answers/clarifications.

·
i-Vtec
1,669 Posts
Foglights were standard on pretty much all Gen 8 civics other than some poverty spec cars and some "special" edition Civic's. They were available as a kit to retrofit if you wanted too. You will know if they have been fitted as the switch for them is built into the Headlight/Indicator stalk on the left side of the steering column, assuming your in a right hand drive car of course.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Foglights were standard on pretty much all Gen 8 civics other than some poverty spec cars and some "special" edition Civic's. They were available as a kit to retrofit if you wanted too. You will know if they have been fitted as the switch for them is built into the Headlight/Indicator stalk on the left side of the steering column, assuming your in a right hand drive car of course.
That is what I checked with before I posted my question here. I could see my normal/main light brightened up when I put the stalk back to foglight on. However, the bottom fog lights (the one with triangle glasses at bottom) don't lit up. I don't see any info or detail that indicate that I got working foglight as standard fit or not.

I thought it may be dummy light, because I learnt last night that central bootlid's tailgate brake light was actually dummy (ie it won't lit up at all) since my Civic was made in 2011. I thought it may be the same for the foglight triangle glasses but I'm wrong in my assumption.

It may be due to either bulb needs to be replaced or the fuses needs to be replaced in foglight triangle glasses.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts