2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My first post in civinfo.com and I hope you can share some opinions with me.

I'm trying to get rid of this annoying foggy stripes on both of my headlights.

imgur.com/a/1iRj9

What do you recommend to fix it?

Thanks in advance

:smile3:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
is it on the outside ? when my lights go a bit hazy i use colgate whitening toothpaste it brings them up a treat

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it on the outside ? when my lights go a bit hazy i use colgate whitening toothpaste it brings them up a treat
Hi,

it seems to be outside 'cause if i get them wet the haze seems to disappear.

I've tried the colgate method before but no luck.

I saw a video of a guy using wet sanding paper but i'm a bit afraid to do so.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it sticker residue?
Nope. I tried to upload a pic but because I'm a fairly new member I can;'t ( I need to do 5 posts or so)

hi there @Kelhas if is on the outside i am sure you can buy a 3m headlight restorer kit,
I'm going to try something a bit more "home made" but if i doesn't work I will take your suggestion and buy one of those.

Thanks guys

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,674 Posts
Nope. I tried to upload a pic but because I'm a fairly new member I can;'t ( I need to do 5 posts or so)

I'm going to try something a bit more "home made" but if i doesn't work I will take your suggestion and buy one of those.

Thanks guys
I've done a couple of cars with a foggy strip on the lights. It was sticker residue from the light deflector stickers that you put on when driving in some foreign countries. Easily removed with tar/glue remover. You could also try a paint cleanser polish like Autoglym Super Resin

Hi there @Kelhas I think @shaunwistow was asking you that because may be he knows an easy way to may be help you resolve you as @Shaunwinstow is an expert car detailer

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Thanks, expert is a bit strong :grin2:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've done a couple of cars with a foggy strip on the lights. It was sticker residue from the light deflector stickers that you put on when driving in some foreign countries. Easily removed with tar/glue remover. You could also try a paint cleanser polish like Autoglym Super Resin

Thanks, expert is a bit strong :grin2:
Hi @shaunwistow

I've tried this morning a product similar to the paint cleanser polish but with no success.

If you manage to zoom the image on my first post you will see some sort of cristals. I wonder if is because of the UV light...

I saw a guy on youtube(ChrisFix) doing the cleaning with some wet sandpaper but i don't want take my chances on that xD

Thanks guys

·
more torque than the mrs
6,722 Posts
my neighbours vw headlights were like that (sun damage)so i used 1000 grit wet and dry sandpaper sanded the whole headlights down then used a quality 2k lacquer,after a couple of coats they looked brand new ..

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
My headlights have seen better days too. I'm going to try the drill polisher and T-Cut method that The cjrshop posted a video of.

I spent £5 in Halfords on a drill pad and polishing bonnets x 2 (different surfaces). I have some T-Cut in the cupboard.

When I do it in the dry I'll try and take some photos before and after and post the results here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts