2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Civic back from dealers with folding mirrors now working, they had to replace a couple of resistors.

Have included a picture with the plastic cover off, which is the resistor?

Attachments

·
Ezermester
149 Posts
On the bottom of the mirror there is a box with blue and yellow wires coming out. That is a control box and the litle thing sticking out is a capacitior, which gets fried over time(at least mine did). All the components are molded in compound, so they couldn't change anything execpt for the whole box.
My mirror stopped working and I exchanged the boxes left for right but to no avail. Probably the motor is dead, but the question is, what stopped first, the motor or the control box. And I didn't use the folding function at all. Maybe I should have.

Andrej

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
here is the bulletin on it

Attachments

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
Since I've fitted my folding mirror box, I've never had any folding mirror problems. They must fold in and out about 5-6 times a day when I lock and unlock, so no seizing motors for me:).

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you get that cap off, was trying today and was feekin fear't Id crack it...
Is there a technique?
I kind of used a padded screwdriver around the pointed area and gently prised, take your time.

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
How did you get that cap off, was trying today and was feekin fear't Id crack it...
Is there a technique?
if you look in the pdf it shows you everything

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
cute! thought that would just be about the electric so didnt bother looking lol
ta
See no screw driver required lol :facepalm:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts