2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with the passinger side door mirror. It seems to have a mind of it's own. As soon as I press the starter button the passinger side mirror just unflods out at least 180 degrees, without touching the fold/unfold button. I have too physically go out and ajust it manually. This happens every time I turn the ignition off and restart the car. It's booked in at the dealers for a repair in a weeks time. In the mean time does anybody know how to perhaps disconect the mirror without resorting to taking the door trim off.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Glad you got your problem sorted.

Problem?

Its what I want in my Millie.

I want the mirrors to power out when I start up!

Quick, pop back to the stealer and find out how the mirrors did it and report back!

"We have three children, one of each!"

Charles H.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Problem?

Its what I want in my Millie.

I want the mirrors to power out when I start up!
That's easy Charles, when you fold the mirrors when you have parked and turned off the engine, just press the mirror folding button again before getting out of the car.
Hey presto, when you get in the next time and start the car, the mirrors pop out automatically

·
Registered
26 Posts
What's annoying is that the mirrors don't operate with the ignition off. My Megane did and it was a tiny but significant plus point!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
That's easy Charles, when you fold the mirrors when you have parked and turned off the engine, just press the mirror folding button again before getting out of the car.
Hey presto, when you get in the next time and start the car, the mirrors pop out automatically
I know that, but being an old duffer, I kept forgeting to press that!

I've got an auto gear box, so I want an auto mirror!

Just have to keep looking I s'pose.

"Blood is thicker than water and much more difficult to get out of a carpet!"
Charles H.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
I've got an auto gear box, so I want an auto mirror!
No you haven't, you've got an automated manual gearbox and by pressing/releasing the mirror button when you get out is also a sort of automated manual operation :)

Shall I go away now ?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
No you haven't, you've got an automated manual gearbox and by pressing/releasing the mirror button when you get out is also a sort of automated manual operation :)

Shall I go away now ?
Millie's fully automatic.

I select the bit that says Auto on the display, and then off I go.

.....and that my friend is automatic.

Now you can go away 7 days ago!

"Solutions are not always the answer!"

Charles H.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
well you woukd have been able to see round corners then.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Hi just reading your thread, if you dont mind me asking what does it cost to replace the unit? As im having a similar problem with my mirrors folding out too much ! Then have to manually adjust them !! So annoying !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts