2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning,

the electronic folding mirror button on my ex is stuck in and the mirrors are folded in ..... gunna be late for work now.

any ideas what I can do? is it easy to remove the arm rest cover?

thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
you will have to remove the tweeter housing, two screws behind the door latch, and one screw under the small rubber mat on the grab handle to get the door panel off.
Details and photos on earlier post, how to remove and replace folding miror

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but I got some warm/hot water and poured it over the mirrors arm where it connects to the car and it seemed to do the trick. The mechanism was obviously frozen... as the button suddenly sprung into life. I should have just done this in the first place but I was half asleep and didn't think of it at the time doh..

:police:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
brain freeze at this time of year is allowed, glad they are working again,

·
Administrator
21,165 Posts
I suppose some water may have got in when the door was open.

I've often wondered why they position electric switches there and facing upwards. And why they are of the type that have got sides for the water to trickle down.

I'm sure they could design them to be waterproof.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
This happened to be the other day, in my case it was the switch frozen not the mechanism as I can defo remember it getting snowed on which melted and then refroze. Switch almost fells like there's nothing behind it, started working again when the car warmed up and has been OK since

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I'm sure they could design them to be waterproof.
They could of course design them to an IP standard, but then would would be talking marine grade products, with a different price tag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts