2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've got a very annoying niggle, wonder if anyone can help. When I turn the ignition on, the nearside mirror folds all the way out. I mean right out, as if it is pointing in the opposite direction. I have to get out, and fold in back in manually. this happens every time I turn the ignition on and is very annoying.

I want to take it apart and see if I can find a catch or somthing that is missing and not stopping it from rotating out to far.

Apologies if this has been covered already, I had a good search on the forum but couldnt find anytying specific. Is there a Haynes manaual for the civic?

cheers

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Hi all

I've got a very annoying niggle, wonder if anyone can help. When I turn the ignition on, the nearside mirror folds all the way out. I mean right out, as if it is pointing in the opposite direction. I have to get out, and fold in back in manually. this happens every time I turn the ignition on and is very annoying.

I want to take it apart and see if I can find a catch or somthing that is missing and not stopping it from rotating out to far.

Apologies if this has been covered already, I had a good search on the forum but couldnt find anytying specific. Is there a Haynes manaual for the civic?

cheers
Hello Mumraa, do you like Thundercats, hence the username? lol I loved Thundercats!!

First things first... there is no Haynes manual for the civic... nor do they plan to release one anytime soon. Watch this space i suppose!! TBH you don't need a Hayne's manual when you have such a good site as this!!!

In terms of your actual problem... have a look here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-and-irritations/30361-folding-mirrors-fold-out-too-far.html

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
If it's still under warranty get it replaced.

Both of mine have been replaced, one wouldn't folder up, the other only partially.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi folks, sorry for belated reply. trouble is my dealer is miles away, and its becoming a bit of a pain to go back there. (its already been back for a new clutch luckily under warranty).

I've had a look inside, and the problem was due to a little metal pin, that has pushed to far in. it basically needs a new mirror unless honda sell the part.

cheers for you replies folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts