2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im stuck with this really annoying folding mirror problem on my newly purchased Type-S GT
Looked at loads of threads here on the subject but mine is persistent
The car had a problem with the passenger mirror not folding so the guy at the garage replaced one of the SODs , problem fixed but by the time i drove all the way home the passenger stopped working
I had the covers off this morning checking the wiring still nothing, then swapped the SODs over to the opposite sides BINGO both folding mirrors, kept messing with them to make sure they were ok & put the covers back on
Half hour later i go out & the passenger one wont fold again !!!! just seems to fail a short time after being sorted
It cant be the SOD as it never fails whatever one i put in the drivers side so could it be a possible motor issue in the passenger mirror ?
Hope someone has had similar issues as this as its driving me nuts
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Could be motor going bad mate or contacts are corroded. Not really common thing but it could happen.

You can try connecting motor directly and see if it folds but don't power car on since voltage peak can burn motor. Just see on ignition how reacts will it fold or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine were slow and didn't fold completely so I took the sods out and they seemed fine, although they might be going bad inside. Just to try out I put wd40 in all connectors and inside the motors, added silicone around fuse in the SOD and cables over the existing silicone. Turned them on and moved fine and fast. My car gas now 260.000kms and is 13 years old, with lots of people having hit my mirrors, which are surprisingly strong. All the other guys ended up all broken. Due to those shocks I guess some cables could be miss contacting, for now this worked...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts