2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi who on here sells the thing that makes the mirrors fold and unfold when unlocking and locking

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
3,989 Posts
That's what I used. One each side.
You can get them cheaper than that, but make sure that you get the ones with 9 wires if you want them to unfold when you unlock the car.
The ones with 8 wires fold when you lock the car but only unfold when you turn the ignition on. The 9 wire ones can be made to do the same by not connecting the green wire.

Possibly one would do on your car though as I only had one on my 13 plate Accord with wires across the car from the unit that was in behind the driver's door card.

You do have to do a bit of 'cut and join' though.

·
R-398
702 Posts
That's what I used. One each side.
You can get them cheaper than that, but make sure that you get the ones with 9 wires if you want them to unfold when you unlock the car.
The ones with 8 wires fold when you lock the car but only unfold when you turn the ignition on. The 9 wire ones can be made to do the same by not connecting the green wire.

Possibly one would do on your car though as I only had one on my 13 plate Accord with wires across the car from the unit that was in behind the driver's door card.

You do have to do a bit of 'cut and join' though.
Do you have or did you have prior knowledge as to what went where already? Was considering ordering a set of these due to how cheap they were but badly translated instructions really sicken my mince.

·
3,989 Posts
Not much translation needed as the diagram is pretty self explanatory.
Basically:
Cut the wires that go to the mirror fold motor. (White and black)
Connect the 4 ends to 4 wires on the box (See below)
Connect a wire from the box to the lock signal to the door lock motor (blue)
Connect a wire from the box to the unlock signal to the door lock motor (green)
Connect a wire from the box to 12V permanent live (red)
Connect a wire from the box to 12V ignition switched live (yellow)
Connect a wire from the box to earth (black)
Simples.
The main problem is getting the 2/3 12V and earth wires (Red, Yellow and Black) into the door.

Colours for mirror motor connections
MM ----- Box
White to Orange
Black to Brown

Colours for mirror motor feed connections
MM ----- Box
White to Grey
Black to White

If you want to make it PnP, then you have to fit two way plugs/sockets to the White and Black wires from the mirror motor.
Bear in mind that the colours may be different on your car, but all the boxes seem to be the same. I have fitted about 10 of them now.

Please use the reply button rather than quoting the whole of this post.

·
i-Vtec
2,233 Posts
See that's what puts me off putting in those modules. Why cant they have a module that just plugs into the OBDII socket like the windows up/down from the key fob ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts