2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i parked opposite a civic. The fella that parks it half on the kerb has only the mirror thats facing out into the road folded and the other one out.
Does anyone know how this is done ?
Since i seen it ive tried it a few times and havent got a clue how its possible

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Civic is still on order so don't know for sure, but maybe the car you saw had manual mirrors and they just folded the one nearest the road?

·
Registered
288 Posts
We'll they can be "turned" manually by hand to that position although it was not recommended by the dealer, said it might brake them. Dont know any other way :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just pull them in, thats what they're designed to do!!!!

Not all the civics have power folding mirrors, only ES/EX models.

Either way wing mirrors on all Honda's (and most other cars) are designed to fold both ways incase they hit anything.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Also if they park on the left of the road it means the outside wing mirror is the drivers side; the driver can pull their wing mirror in via the window, I know because I've done it.
There's a bit of a "nack" to moving the wing mirrors (twist them) but it's pretty easy.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Are you saying you can move the electric mirrors manually ?.

·
estranged
391 Posts
You can move the whole housing (as I discovered when I scraped it along my garage door on my first day).

·
Registered
178 Posts
most modern-ish cars will allow you to do this, to stop them smashing off if you hit them on something ;)

Not that I've ever needed anything like that (honest)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
What I'm saying is, can you push them in manually when parked, and they stay there, and you can pop them back when you're ready to leave?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Havent tried but my dealer told me that if you have autofolding mirrors, like we have in finland with Sport version and EX you should not fold the mirrors manually, it'll damage the foldingsystem... dont know if it's a bunch of bs but, havent tried and wont :D

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
The Focus just has ordinary mirrors that you can manually fold. I'm like you regarding the electric mirrors on the Civic. I would'nt like to try folding them manually, unless the dealer showed me on one of their cars first.

·
Registered
975 Posts
folding manual mirrors is fine and the person in concern must of had manual mirrors i just one was folded.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I know this is not the moan forum but, one of my favourite moans (to myself up to now) is the fact that you cannot fold the mirrors with the ignition off. I have lost count of the number of times I am walking away from the car after parking, looking back to admire it and seeing the mirrors stuck out. Having to switch the iginiton on to fold the mirrors is really getting to me. :(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I am with you there Wooly, or when you get back in the car , turn the key and the mirrors fold in, should be on a permanent live connection (could it be changed??). The new Peugeot 407 has the mirrors linked to the central locking, very good. If the Frenchies can do it why not the Japs?

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
richierich said:
I am with you there Wooly, or when you get back in the car , turn the key and the mirrors fold in, should be on a permanent live connection (could it be changed??). The new Peugeot 407 has the mirrors linked to the central locking, very good. If the Frenchies can do it why not the Japs?
I would love to get my hands on a wiring diagram for the civ 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have non electric mirrors and I just push (well kind of twist) the mirrors in when I park if I think they might get knocked, then I just pull them back out and they pop back into place.
Easy as that! :wink:

·
Registered
288 Posts
richierich said:
Stupid feature, at least for Finland. In winters it's -25 Celcius, if you had that feature on your mirrors motors would fry in the first breeze of winter :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts