·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys

got a slight problem with my folding passenger wing mirror

it wnt fold in ,,,,,,any suggestions ??? would be appreciated

i *** know which wires to test to see if its a short ,somewhere

the drivers mirror folds no problem ,can i just remove the right to the left to see if its the motor ,or is there a simpler way to test ,,,,,cheers guys

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have the same problem, don't know if its a common fault on these cars, mines going back to the dealer to sort out, I will let you know how i get on

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I would imagine it's a duff motor. Only way to check really would be to get a multimeter on it and check for a supply.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Type S GT Driver, LOVE IT
384 Posts
Its quite a common problem. There's a small resistor in the mirror, that fails sometimes and needs replacing. Honda will try and sell u a new mirror for around 280, this part is only 31 I think and can be replaced yourself. Have a look for it on other threads, il try and find the part number tonight and hopefully that will help

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
type s eddie ,,thatd be great your right honda tried to sell me full mirror £278

ye can poke that ,,,,if it comes to it il go scrapyard for the motor ,,

if you can find the part thatd be sound mate an id owe you a beer mate ,,,any idea where the part goes like ,inside car or outside???

cheers dude
:eek:

·
Type S GT Driver, LOVE IT
384 Posts
If u take the wing mirror plastic cover off, you will see a small black box about 1inch square, it has 2 wires in it which I think are blue and brown. It simply unclips. Takes about 5 min start to finish

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
does it not fold at all or slowly folds in ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Interested to read how you got on with this my recently purchased 06 Ex driver's side mirror is struggling to fold all the way in atm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts