2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am one of the idiots that paid Honda a fortune for this option :oops:
Can someone tell me should this come on and stay on when the headlights are on as mine only seems to come on with the interior lights. :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Mine has it too - I didn't pay Honda, someone else already had....;)

As far as I can remember, they come on quite bright with the interior light, but then as the interior lights go out, they dim a little - but defo remain on whilst driving....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine never go off as long as the key is in the ignition. I like them as they provide just enough light to see things on the passenger floor. They also match the colour of my car!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Mine never go off as long as the key is in the ignition. I like them as they provide just enough light to see things on the passenger floor. They also match the colour of my car!
Did your better half ever get her Jazz/fiesta she was thinking about??

·
Registered
429 Posts
No she went for a Ford Fiesta. The dealer is much nearer and so far the build seems excellent. ie, no faults and everything working.

Friends and collegues still gasp that my Civic just 2 months old has been back to the dealers for repairs 4 times so far.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Hi,
I am one of the idiots that paid Honda a fortune for this option :oops:
Can someone tell me should this come on and stay on when the headlights are on as mine only seems to come on with the interior lights. :confused::confused:
Well because the price for the lights is so outrageous, I went to an accessories store and bought 2 neon tube lights for 30 euro and had the electrician fit them at Honda.(along with my service) They light up when the doors are open and turn off when the doors are closed.

Rich 11 Ask your honda electrician to install them for you and he can make them light up in any way that you like eg. when brakeing, with doors (as I did), with when you turn your lights on, or with a switch. What ever you prefer.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
At £200 there not exactly value for money. But when your at the dealers speccing up the money is the last thing on your mind.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I did the DIY fit shown in the Wiki with the LEDs from Halfords at £4.99 at the weekend. They look great and I am very proud of my handiwork. Now to pluck up courage to fit a Connects 2 Box ...... :p

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
I have the Honda-Fitted lighting. I really like it... When I was buying the car I didn't even ask for prices on the accessories. I just looked at the list and picked the ones I wanted.

I probably paid too much for the lighting... but I'm pleased that I have it...

-H

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
In the end

In the end that's what counts......you being happy with what you got. They are nice aren't they.:D

I have the Honda-Fitted lighting. I really like it... When I was buying the car I didn't even ask for prices on the accessories. I just looked at the list and picked the ones I wanted.

I probably paid too much for the lighting... but I'm pleased that I have it...

-H

1 - 14 of 14 Posts