2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Footrest opinions needed

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Red Dwarf 
#1 ·
I think the Sport needs a matching footrest to set it off.
I have 2 different ones, a type R one professionally made but not quite the right size, and a home made right size one ,but my DIY skills are not what they used to be !
Which one to fit ? Type R

Automobile pedal
[/ATTACH]

Or DIY.
Automobile pedal

Automobile pedal Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Trunk

Opinions please, I can take insults as well, but please be gentle !

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Farqui , I prefer the shape of the DIY aluminium one as well, it's just that when you have to drill 22 holes some of them seem to move, so they're not all in line.
I'll probably stick this one in place , and ( sometime ! ) make a new one in stainless steel to match the pedals better.

#4 ·
i was just thinking of this today. a guy on e.bay makes them and has the car maker logo cut out of them. i had one in my last car was a good job. cant find him on e-bay now. the insgnia forum is down but hope to get the link from it when it back up

Attachments

#8 ·
If I had known about these I would've bought one as they look just right.
My home made one is now fitted to car with double sided tape, it looks OK and most of the time I'm in the car my foot is on top of it so it will do for now.
Thanks anyway for the input RickHondaR .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.