2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I wonder if anyone here can help me..
I ordered these footwell lights off rickhondar. I wired the lights into my own honda footwell lights to make them brighter. And they look great. But when the door shuts and I'm driving. The lights go off completely only leaving the oem honda ones on. They don't dim at all? Have I done something wrong. I used the scotch locks and connected them to the 2 wires from the oem Honda footwells. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but I thought they would be too bright like that driving along. I have the oem footwell lights and they auto dim when you put the headlights on so I thought wiring these led lights into them they would do the same thing. But they don't. Not sure why? I spoke to rickhonda he said these lights can dim but he didn't know why it's not doing it :(

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Maybe the voltage of the oem led drops to much, just fit another kit to work with the lights job done and no hassle as I assure you they are not to bright or fit one of my new dimmer kits

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'd be looking to measure the voltage available to your lights before buying another kit, just to make sure there's not an alternative method to wire them up (i.e a relay or transistor added to route via another circuit for dimming) if you don't want them on all the time.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
so it looks like, i have no way round this apart from buying another kit and wiring it into the glovebox light?

well when we had a FN2 the oem footwell lights only worked at night with the side lights and could be dimmed with the dash and I wired my kit to this and everything was fine however these did not work with the doors so I then wired a kit to the doors to work when the doors are open. I was not aware the oem kit would work with both doors and lights but could be wrong

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that sounds a bit beyond me :confused: the easiest way would be to buy the dimming kit lights from rickhondar. not sure how they work exactly. would that be ok to run a second set? how would the dimming set work? i guess i need to ask rickhondar

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I think Rick has pointed out the issue here in that they're two separate circuits. So you'll either need to do something to combine them as I suggest, or just get another set of lights for the second circuit!

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
that sounds a bit beyond me :confused: the easiest way would be to buy the dimming kit lights from rickhondar. not sure how they work exactly. would that be ok to run a second set? how would the dimming set work? i guess i need to ask rickhondar
I take it the kit you have fitted now only works when you open and close your doors etc, Correct? if so then I take it you would like them to work while driving at night? Correct? if so you buy a second kit and stick this at the side of the already installed kit but follow my fitting guide, the difference with the dimmer kit apart from cost is that it comes with a credit card style dimmer unit that has preset brightness levels or you can adjust to what suits you most. A bit of info and customer feedback here but as that was a sample unit the production dimmer is slightly different http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...d-footwell-lighting-kits-188.html#post2523401

1 - 12 of 12 Posts