2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm wondering if there is a Mod out there that can maybe help me out. I have tried to post a few bits and pieces from a rear passenger door (lock mechanism, glass, speaker etc.) that I had to replace on my civic.

Three times I have tried to post these items for sale, each time waiting a couple of days to give the mods chance to review and accept it. But so far nothing has appeared in the For Sale section with my items.

I have read the trading rules and included the required "I have read...." sentence in the post, but still nothing.

I think the first two times may have been because I tried to post a photo here on the BB without being a "supporter", but the third time I definitely used an external image host.

Any light shed on this would be appreciated.

Wassy

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Ill report this to a mod to put in the correct section under site, suggestions and hopefully they can answer why at the same time

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
I've had a look back and the latest one wasn't approved because there were no prices against any of the 'bits'.

We operate a system of 'first to offer the asking price' which can't be applied with no price.

If you're not sure, post a guide price against each item and wait for the 'auction' :)

·
Banned
45 Posts
Hello

I tried posting my civic door mouldings on this site 3 times and I put the accept trading rules sentances down price and picture? Yet it never appears in the for sale side in the civic forum can the admin people shed some light on this please

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
I tried posting my civic door mouldings on this site 3 times and I put the accept trading rules sentances down price and picture? Yet it never appears in the for sale side in the civic forum can the admin people shed some light on this please
I've looked it up and you didn't include the 'words' to indicate you'd read and accepted the trading rules.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I had a for sale thread rejected, because I didn't have a pic at the time which is understandable.

My suggestion would be to maybe email the thread starter with a quick explanation as to why the thread hasn't been accepted. Otherwise theres no way of knowing its been looked at

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I had a for sale thread rejected, because I didn't have a pic at the time which is understandable.

My suggestion would be to maybe email the thread starter with a quick explanation as to why the thread hasn't been accepted. Otherwise theres no way of knowing its been looked at
The link above should help you understand why we don't PM people. Generally speaking, if a For Sale or Wanted thread hasn't been approved within a couple or so hours and a Mod has been online then there was something wrong with the thread.

Reactions: lufc_lad

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for clearing that up guys, I'll re-post with guide prices and wait for the approval

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
It would be nice to have the time to mail each rejected FS&W poster but I often encounter 8 to 10 overnight posts and often 6 of them don't follow the rules.

No 'words' and no pictures are the 2 main failures. Others include no price. One which I ponder over is when there is no clear indication of whether the price is collected or delivered.

One I failed today was a sale of 4 wheels but the picture was of the car squeezed in a parking spot with only 2 wheels almost in view and therefore condition not easily spotted.

Ta

1 - 13 of 13 Posts