Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1372 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale ... Reverse Camera
£50 incl postage to UK

Camera integrated as part of Registration Plate Holder.
Great for EX models or aftermarket units with Video RCA connection.

Save Hundreds of £££'s with this Waterproof Camera that easily installs onto your Civic for a clear, wide-angle display of everything behind you. Protect yourself and your passengers from unwanted accidents with this handy rearview accessory.

Primary Function: Waterproof License Plate Camera
Image Sensor: 1/4" Color CMOS
Waterproof: YES, IP68
TV System: PAL / NTSC
Pixels: 628x582
Resolution: 420TVL
Viewing Angle: Wide Angle 170 Degrees
Built in graphic guidelines for distance measurement
Connection: RCA
Operating Temperature: -20 ~ +70
Power Supply: DC12V
545 x 140 x 23mm (L x W x D)
Length of AV Cable: ~6M

Camera enabled when reverse gear is selected and is automatically displayed on the integrated Sat Nav screen or aftermarket monitor. Use in conjunction with cable supplied by Bog - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/51028-video-cables-reversing-camera-etc.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What sort of view do you get at night?

Good work
thanks Brett
Hi Brett...glad you asked. The unit isn't night-vision but the light from the back of the car including street or ambient light does make a surprisingly clear view. I will be posting a night video later.

Thanks for asking. :)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Interested in one of these but waiting for the night views and would it be suitable for a Type-R. Where does the wiring go once it is fitted, as it is not flush with the underside of the centre light cluster and my car is Milano Red, I am concerned that an exposed wire is open to vandalism.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£50 incl postage to UK

Save Hundreds of £££'s with this Waterproof Camera that easily installs onto your Civic for a clear, wide-angle display of everything behind you. Protect yourself and your passengers from unwanted accidents with this handy rearview accessory.

Camera enabled when reverse gear is selected and is automatically displayed on the integrated Sat Nav screen or aftermarket monitor. Use in conjunction with cable supplied by Bog - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/51028-video-cables-reversing-camera-etc.html

As requested I finally have a video of the camera at night. As an addition to the camera I will include within the Sale price(£50 incl Post - UK orders) an attenuator to reduce the video signal strength as previously the output was too bright even at night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
This fit the type s gt? and any suggestions re aftermarket monitor suppliers or do you d them as well?

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi ... after installation there should be no visable wiring with exception of small cable from camera but done correctly only an inch would be seen and I doubt anybody would notice. All other cable to nav unit is tucked behind trim inside car.

Cheers.

very interested but only if the wire can be hidden away?

I have a 2007 type s gt with sat nav.

thank you

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
£50 incl postage to UK

As requested I finally have a video of the camera at night. As an addition to the camera I will include within the Sale price(£50 incl Post - UK orders) an attenuator to reduce the video signal strength as previously the output was too bright even at night.

YouTube - Reverse Camera Demo
The pictures below now show the attenuator and connectors that come with Camera orders. I have 4 of these units left.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
on screen overlay

I have been looking to get a reversing cam (cmos-300 for a kenwood) but have been put off by the price. does the honda head unit put the Red Amber Green boxes on, or are these part of the camera feed?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
The coloured guidance lines and the flashing "STOP" in the red area are superimposed by the camera itself. I am in the process of installing it at the moment. I have cabled and will install the actual unit tomorrow. I have however tried the camera with a battery box from maplin and eight AA batteries to power the camera. It works a treat and the picture quality is really rather good. I can totally recommend this solution. I have painted the surround Milano Red to match the car and the lower part of the surround where it covers the Number Plate I have painted yellow to blend it in. Sounds weird but the implementation actually looks very effective. Also went to Halfords and got them to make me a number plate where they turned the alignment template upside doen so the numbers are a lot lower on the plate. Consequently the camera does not now come near to the top of the digits. Sorted!!! (Will post pictures once complete). Cabling a CTR was a bit of a swine though, the rear three-quarters area was a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The coloured guidance lines and the flashing "STOP" in the red area are superimposed by the camera itself. I am in the process of installing it at the moment. I have cabled and will install the actual unit tomorrow. I have however tried the camera with a battery box from maplin and eight AA batteries to power the camera. It works a treat and the picture quality is really rather good. I can totally recommend this solution. I have painted the surround Milano Red to match the car and the lower part of the surround where it covers the Number Plate I have painted yellow to blend it in. Sounds weird but the implementation actually looks very effective. Also went to Halfords and got them to make me a number plate where they turned the alignment template upside doen so the numbers are a lot lower on the plate. Consequently the camera does not now come near to the top of the digits. Sorted!!! (Will post pictures once complete). Cabling a CTR was a bit of a swine though, the rear three-quarters area was a nightmare.
Hi Mel...sounds good so far. I look forward to your final install.

Cheers.

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Do you still have units of these going?

Reactions: yus00
1 - 20 of 1372 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.