2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think if something is sold in the for sale section the thread title should have a '-SOLD' at the end..

Reason is I spend a lot of time reading threads and wanting the item for the item to be sold..

I know I could skip to the last page but I think it would be a lot easier if a mod or the seller could edit the title to say the item was sold..

Opinions?

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
It relies on someone telling the mod that the sale has finished as you can't modify your own F/S thread.

When people make the mods aware they normally close and archive them anyway

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Bens right, normally most threads are archived, its really the OP responsibilty to ask the thread to be closed.

Reactions: Kremmen

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
The reason for all post editing timing out is that a post could be altered and make the following one(s) look out of place.

If you have made a mistake on a FS&W thread just use the 'report' facility and explain what's required.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
i started a similar thread to this a while back. There's over 100 pages of for sale threads, lots of which are going back years, and they should be removed, in fact i think anything over a month or maybe two, should be removed, and if the seller still has the item for sale, then he can re-advertise it. ive been reporting some finished threads from recent adverts to get them closed off, but i dont want to bombard the mods with reports as they are busy guys. But i do feel the for sale section is unnecessarily untidy.

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
This is a tricky one to deal with.

I'll get some feedback .................

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Poll would be a good idea. Would you feel up to it sam lol

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
We will start to move things in the near future so that all old For Sale and Wanted threads are archived hopefully leaving the current threads more easily visible. It's going to take some time so don't expect miracles :D. Kremmen, Dimplyred, FWH and myself will take the task on.

Actually, the best thing that has happened in the last few weeks, and something as Mods we are grateful for, is the support members are giving us by reporting threads that are now completed. It's really making a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Agree, as you guys do, do alot around here. Youll hava job doing it all 10+ pages so good luck :)

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Suggestion, if I may... :D

To save you guys time can you not make a post to say that (as an example) as of the 1st of September any for sale threads that haven't been posted on in more than 2 months will be closed and archived and therefore if you don't want it to happen go in and bump your thread? You may get a mass bump before that day but then everyone will know what is still for sale and from then on at the beginning of every month anything older than 2 months can be archived...?

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
I've now moved all posts where the last post was in 2007, 2008 and 2009 to Classified Archive.

Once I start getting a bit more recent I will certainly be a bit more careful.

Ben - I was always intending to stop at Jan 13 and then be a bit more selective but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Could you put a bulletin out reminding sellers to report to archive sold threads of their own so everyone will start tidying after themselves?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts