2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a for sale thread is created we have numerous stipulations about having a price shown etc etc. Why do we not make a rule that the seller has to state whether the price includes delivery or not, or whether it is collection only. This has caused some issues on for sale threads (like this one http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/95374-gruppe-m-induction-kit.html) and has resulted in a member(s) losing an item that they wanted.

Personally when I post a for sale thread I always stipulate whether the price includes delivery (as do a large number of members) or whether it is collection only (if collection only then they should have to state a location e.g. Stoke on Trent so that a potential buyer can judge collection costs) so that there can be no confusion. This allows a buyer to immediately judge whether the price being asked is suitable for them or whether it is practicable for them to collect.

To stop members getting frustrated and upset when a for sale thread goes awry my view is that any for sale thread must state whether the price shown includes delivery or not, or is collection only (with a town / city shown for collection purposes).

Views please.:popcorn2:

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
So the gruppe m for sale thread should have stated it and my offer should have stood, he broke the rules and so did the other party by placing/accepting the other (lower) offer

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Good point Paul thanks for bringing this up

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
Oll your offer had stipulations attached. The original post wasnt clear as to what exactly he wanted although the majority of people imo would have assumed it did not include delivery.

Im not trying to be an arse just pointing out that the original post has created confusion and perhaps unecessary animosity.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Oll your offer had stipulations attached. The original post wasnt clear as to what exactly he wanted although the majority of people imo would have assumed it did not include delivery.

Im not trying to be an arse just pointing out that the original post has created confusion and perhaps unecessary animosity.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The original was confusing, I wasn't trying to be awkward was just trying to clarify the matter as obviously it didn't say, if he had said collected I would of offered extra for a courier to collect it for me.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I've seen on a few other forums I've been on things like a basic template with details that have to be filled in which clears up things like this. Par example...

Item:
Condition:
Price:
Postage:
Notes:

(pics here)

"I have read the trading rules and will follow them to the letter."

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
It would be good if you didnt have to ask that sort of things. But for us "far away" we still need to ask what postage would be and then the item will already be sold so for us it will still be hard to buy something really good

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
True. I think most would have interpreted it as without delivery, but maybe I need to add into the trading rules that if nothing is mentioned then the price is assumed to be collected.
This. As the OP then said I will need to work out postage prices should I deliver, this then implies that the 300 quoted was collected!!

If the 300 includes delivery, why does the OP need to state on forum to work out postage prices!

An offer then came in at 280 collected, which was then accepted.

The only point do debate now is whether the OP should have checked the postage price first before agreeing to sell for 280...

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
The original was confusing, I wasn't trying to be awkward was just trying to clarify the matter as obviously it didn't say, if he had said collected I would of offered extra for a courier to collect it for me.
haven't looked at staffs link...
But if this concerns the sale of the gruppe m intake, there was confusion based around if the scoop was included, which tbh the thing would be useless without it!

All sellers need to be clear on what they are offering for sale so these things don't arise again!!

Saying that, it does need a mod to ok the "for sale thread" before it goes live on the forum, so maybe questions could be asked at a earlier time to stop this?

Only my tuppence worth of course ;)

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I've seen on a few other forums I've been on things like a basic template with details that have to be filled in which clears up things like this. Par example...

Item:
Condition:
Price:
Postage:
Notes:

(pics here)

"I have read the trading rules and will follow them to the letter."
+1 If you have a set template that states all the above and if it's collection only then state post code or location then this would help potential buyers to put down a more solid offer to avoid dissappoint ment.

I also agree with vision that the thread in question was very poor description and should of been questioned before mods accepted the thread.

I had issues on my for sale thread, where potential buyers aren't reading the rules and because they don't say the right thing they miss out on the item, but then the seller gets the flack so I think there are issues both ways.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I thought the rules used to state that unless otherwise, prices included delivery.
Was this changed when the rules were updated last year?

Unfortunately us normal folk can't check post histories.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I thought the rules used to state that unless otherwise, prices included delivery.
Was this changed when the rules were updated last year?

Unfortunately us normal folk can't check post histories.
Not sure, I've just always stated whether the price included delivery or collection. So with a set template it would then remind sellers to state it as it does seem to get left off or not clear.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
TBH it's as I've said before - more moderation on For Sale threads is required. The rules haven't been followed but threads still get approved...

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Problem is some state absolutely collection only and 4 or 5 posts in they starts accepting different offerings for postage, couriers etc.

It should simply be a price for the item only with the words postage to be nogotiated separately, however this does not help those abroad as the postage could be prohibitive and the OP cannot possible know the cost to post to every possible country or location.

I also see quite a few where they state UK only, then when the offers don't come in it gets opened up to outside UK.

Quite a difficult one, I know on eBay they must list the postage costs, perhaps this should be the rule, it forces the seller to do a bit of research to determine the actual cost.

When I sold on eBay it wasn't a big hassle as you get to know the rates/weights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts