2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a number of strange/potentially dodgy posts in the For Sale section recently.
In another forum I am a subscriber/supporter of, members have to subscribe to gain access to this and be able to post a thread starter.
If we did this, it might just cut down on the junk that is appearing.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Yes, I have seen this on other forums too.
Everyone can read and reply, but only subscribers can start a thread.

Drawback is that if someone is going to sell their car, will they be willing to subscribe?

Already now, you can see if the thread starter is a Supporter, or at least a long time member.

It will cut down on number of posted threads.
Which may not only be a good thing.

I do agree there have been some perhaps dodgy posts, however.

Another possibility is that all thread starting posts have to be approved by a moderator before they become visable.
(Don´t know if the software supports this however).

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I think it's a good idea Robbo.
I can also see FWH's point though that someone won't want to subscribe to advertise a car they are going to sell.
Another way of looking at it though is, if they have a civic to sell chances are they've owned it a while and if they know about Civinfo, then they've probably been on here a while too. I think the subscription fee is a small price to pay for the information available on here, and also a small price for advertising too.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
There could be a sub-section where any user can post links to ads on fleabay, autotrader or whatever.

Yes I agree, because that seems to be what's starting to happen anyway. First time posters including links to other sites such as the ones you've mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Good suggestion.

You now need to be a supporter, or a normal user with more than 10 posts to be able to start a thread in that forum.

FWH - the software supports most things - it's just a case of me working it out!!
vBulletin Manual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts