2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've spent the pas hour or so washing my car and sure enough the showery weather we've been having recently didn't disappoint.

I carried on regardless since I wanted the car clean and knew I could just wash, dry and wax on a better-weather day. However when I had finished washing/ rinsing etc and put all my bits away I saw the rain was gathering on my bodywork in the same way it does when I've waxed the car.

Does this mean that even though I've washed the car there is still a layer of wax on it?

I'm using Autoglym shampoo which I assumed would take the wax off but if wax is still on the car I am less worried about finding a sunny day to re-apply.

·
Banned
139 Posts
The autoglym shampoo shouldn'y remove the wax on your bodywork, only harsh shampoo's do that (or washing up liquid).

A good wax should last several washes, and some will last a great deal longer (like collinite 467s for example)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
The autoglym shampoo shouldn'y remove the wax on your bodywork, only harsh shampoo's do that (or washing up liquid).

A good wax should last several washes, and some will last a great deal longer (like collinite 467s for example)
+1

I've put Megs Wax on my car a few times now and it has lasted even after 2 more washes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts