2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I raised the point before but I see today BMW will now have its new M models with a turbo to meet ever tightening emissions, this follows on from AMG's recent decision!

Hondas next generation surely will "have" to follow? Sales will inevitably overtake heritage IMO :idea:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Heres hoping

·
Registered
53 Posts
I read an article a while back, cant remember where but it was about why honda dont used forced induction to keep up with hot hatch market...
It was basically as they like the be known as a reliable car which will go on forever and ever...as we all know civics do have an awesome life span...

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
yes, by putting turbo or charger on the car reliability of everything goes...
brakes, clutches, gear box... engine aswel..

turbos and chargers mean the engine has to be well maintained...and oil filters changed every year or so...

plus every few thousand miles you should get turbos checked// or is it 12k miles?

either way..more hassle for the owner aswel as the manufacturers..

i would expect a 270-300hp Type R though... if they did... because the type R should be as powerful as it looks.

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
Honda will never IMO put a turbo or S/c on their production cars....if anything it will be a hybrid engine...

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Turbo / SC

Surly the reliability would suffer if you started hammering 300 bhp out of the car, why don’t Honda just give it a low pressure turbo or SC giving the baby around 240/250bhp and retaining some of the cars reliability then if you want more its up to the buyer, at least you have the choice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always thought that the 2.2 was turbo charged , that unit`s been around for a while without any grumbles...
but it would be interesting to see the CRZ with the 1.3 turboe`d and supercharged like the vw 1.4 tsi ...now that would reall fly

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still think Honda will have to follow with forced induction, as long as they keep the revving nature of the engine i say bring it on !

Only time will tell if i am right :cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always thought that the 2.2 was turbo charged , that unit`s been around for a while without any grumbles...
but it would be interesting to see the CRZ with the 1.3 turboe`d and supercharged like the vw 1.4 tsi ...now that would reall fly oh yes and IRS too
Honda are you listening...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts