2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Just purchased some forte diesel treatment from amazon... (dont trust ebay....paranoid or what!)

Will let you know how it runs after the treatment....fiddle fiddle fiddle....

G

p.s anyone else used this product before?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I use the petrol version, like to put a can in every year or at service interval, some garages put it in too as part of the service, think it helps to reduce deposit build up in the fuel lines and injectors and helps reduce emmissions etc

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
I felt that the car went a lot smoother with the stuff I put in the tank. Also the forte oil treatment that I put in the oil and ran for 45 mins at idle, made the car pull better.

I put in the oil treatment before my oil change along with oil filter.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Not sure about Forte, but most of these off the shelf treatments are basically solvents. So yes they 'work' but only at the point they are running through your tank.

There is one interesting product we've been playing with over on TypeAccord, it's BG244 available from Power Enhancer.

Power Enhancer | BG 244 | Diesel Engine Cleaners | Fuel Injector Cleaner-

This stuff has some very clever active ingredients that are designed to work at lower temperatures than conventional solvent based products. The idea is that it sticks to the insides of wherever it travels and then starts to work gradually - and especially good for places like EGR valves where the temperatures are not as high.

Truthfully speaking, I tried it and felt no difference. But I also use V Power Diesel without fail and maintain a very good servicing regime. However some of our other members swore they felt a difference.

It is a bit pricey, but maybe something to chuck in with every service.

·
<3
2,103 Posts
I had the Forte treatment in my diesel Civic and noticed the difference immediately I thought it was great stuff. Just put some for the petrol cars in the Cupra too, seemingly the MPG has shot up (still very bad lol) and feels smoother. I wouldnt use it on a regular basis though I dont think.

I was chatting to the Forte rep who brought me some over and he says that its all Vauxhall use in their motors.. not that I am sure if that is a good thing or not lmaooo, but it certainly seems ok... Im no expert though.. obviously :popcorn2:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes I've heard that Vauxhall use it too, but that's hardly an endorsement :lol:

I think with all things you need to take it with a pinch of salt and understand how they work. So far, i think BG244 that I've mentioned above is the only really unique and clever product out there.. but still there is no substitution for proper servicing and using quality clean fuels.

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Yes I've heard that Vauxhall use it too, but that's hardly an endorsement :lol:

I think with all things you need to take it with a pinch of salt and understand how they work. So far, i think BG244 that I've mentioned above is the only really unique and clever product out there.. but still there is no substitution for proper servicing and using quality clean fuels.
Lol I know, thats what I thought re Vauxhall!!

Well I did have a read of it and I heard all the blurb from the chappy but Ive nothing to compare it with and its all my garage uses.. and i can haggle for a discount!

I agree, servicing and the best quality fuel is a must. Have you used the Tesco 99? Im still not convinced about that for some reason :popcorn2:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well Tesco 99 is a Petrol (I have a diesel) but in the wife's Polo I stick to V Power. Although it's not as high an octane rating, I know that Shell has the best quality of fuels out there and I collect the points.

Again the Polo is on some 125k miles, is tuned and gets driven pretty hard (by me) but the clean fuel has meant we've had trouble free motoring in over a year of ownership.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not sure about Forte, but most of these off the shelf treatments are basically solvents. So yes they 'work' but only at the point they are running through your tank.

There is one interesting product we've been playing with over on TypeAccord, it's BG244 available from Power Enhancer.

Power Enhancer | BG 244 | Diesel Engine Cleaners | Fuel Injector Cleaner-

This stuff has some very clever active ingredients that are designed to work at lower temperatures than conventional solvent based products. The idea is that it sticks to the insides of wherever it travels and then starts to work gradually - and especially good for places like EGR valves where the temperatures are not as high.

Truthfully speaking, I tried it and felt no difference. But I also use V Power Diesel without fail and maintain a very good servicing regime. However some of our other members swore they felt a difference.

It is a bit pricey, but maybe something to chuck in with every service.
I used that on my derv and can recommend it, I noticed a difference. Faddy wouldnt have noticed it as you could eat your dinner of his engine internals due to constant VPD use :cool:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well I'm yet to strip the EGR down and have a look but I'm kinda also of the belief that if it ain't broke, then just leave it alone :lol:

I keep reading posts from every other member about stuttering, hesitation etc and I'm wondering if/when I'll see it on mine but 3 years on... nothing yet. Therefore I can really only put it down to the clean fuel, regular fuel filter changes... oh and not driving it like a grandad ;)

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Just to note...... V power is 99.9 octane, info from shell themselves.

My diesel runs better than it did from new. Can't beat keeping to service
intervals and using quality fuel and additives like unicat and/ or
t2 oil.

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
we use a company called Tunap at work, there diesel / unleaded treatments are synthetic rather than mineral based, with mineral based products when they burn they produce sout, when a synthetic product burns it burns cleanly so rather than coking the engine up more they clean it better, the forte products are mineral based

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we use a company called Tunap at work, there diesel / unleaded treatments are synthetic rather than mineral based, with mineral based products when they burn they produce sout, when a synthetic product burns it burns cleanly so rather than coking the engine up more they clean it better, the forte products are mineral based
what synth products have you found have proven results?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts