2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if there has been a note elsewhere but has anyone else had trouble with the forum for the past week or so? Seems to have been since the spam attacks but I've been getting unable to connect messages when trying to load the site. Refreshing 3 or 4 times seems to solve it but over the past few days I've been timing out when trying to view user cp and a pm pages. This doesn't seem to be limited to me being on 4G or wifi, nor limited to a particular time of day. All other sites seem fine so I'm fairly sure it's not a local problem

·
Administrator
1,500 Posts
Hey there,

What device and browser/app are you using when you come across this issue?

Richard.

·
Administrator
21,099 Posts
I'm here fairly often and I haven't had any issues.

I use FF on both my PC and tablet.

I seem to recall a few weeks ago getting the database error a couple of times, like we had a year ago but like you a refresh worked.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
No problems here over PC or mobile (Tapatalk or browser, on Android).

·
Administrator
1,500 Posts
You receive the same errors on all of those browsers?
Can you try clearing your cache and cookies from your most used browser, and see if that helps.

Richard

·
Administrator
1,500 Posts
Had the problem with Safari, chrome and ms edge
That's really weird... I might assume that it's your internet. Restart the modem so you can get a new IP?

If all the other sites work, it might be your IP.

Lee

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips. My internet cache was cleared and didn't make a difference, plus it also happened when on my mobile network.
I'll keep an eye on it. It's been mostly ok since posting this but not 100%

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you use monitoring?

I run a busy forum and we use uptimerobot (because it's free) but it tells us when the spikes are in a way that log files don't easily show.

We've had issues with our hosting providers in the past, and obviously it's good to have the facts when 'entering discussions' with them.

·
Administrator
21,099 Posts
We had a similar issue many years ago and it turned out to be the hosts who had inadvertantly set the backup to run every hour instead of every day.

Is it the same time ?

·
Administrator
1,500 Posts
Are you guys noticing a pattern with the time of day that this has been slowing down?
~Sheena

1 - 12 of 12 Posts