2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, couple of weeks someone was asking for pics on stealth subs.

Just got myself a Rockford Fosgate P3 12'', the sound is alot better than i though it would be for such a shallow sub and box. Its ratted at 400 watt RMS. Still breaking it in at the minute but im more than happy with it.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Nice mate. Very clean set-up!! Do you have original head unit or aftermarket? How is your wiring setup? Below is my "stealth". I have kicker shallow mount CVT12 2 ohm, with kicker 300.1ZX amp and it bumps like the dickens (129.8dB)! I have the stock HU with LOCs from the rear speakers (kicker as well). Have you got SPL yet? I know it is a lot of questions, but I am just comparing notes...

Attachments

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
snow... is there any sound deterioration when you have the panel flap down?
that sub looks perfic for my current ongoing project but was toying with a removable flap..

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
that sub looks perfic for my current ongoing project but was toying with a removable flap..
I know I'm not snow, but I have a fair bit with my flap down. To combat this I have attached a lanyard to the handle on the flap an looped it over the center rear headrest. It actually looks decent and works a treat!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice mate. Very clean set-up!! Do you have original head unit or aftermarket? How is your wiring setup? Below is my "stealth". I have kicker shallow mount CVT12 2 ohm, with kicker 300.1ZX amp and it bumps like the dickens (129.8dB)! I have the stock HU with LOCs from the rear speakers (kicker as well). Have you got SPL yet? I know it is a lot of questions, but I am just comparing notes...
Hey, yeah I've still got the original HU, wiring set up is, power direct from battery, earthed to the chassi behind the plasic in the hatch. LOC's from rear speakers but as it's a monoblock I've only connected it to the left speaker so the satnav women doesn't interfear with it.
The sub is only a few days old with about 7 hours of play so it's still bedding in at the min. Can't wait to crank it and tune it properly.

Your install is pretty sweet, you do the fiberglassing yourself?

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stupid iPhone won't let me multiquote.
I've not had it cranked yet so not sure when it's full on.
At the minute there is sound loss with the flap down, but with bass there is no real direction to it and you can still here it. I would think if you put bags onto of the door it would muffle it even more.
I have put a tie wrap around the boot lid handle and tied it to the bottom of the parcel shelf where the little hook is. It keeps it open ok.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I have a buddy that does fiberglass as a hobby and he walked me through it. I am very happy with the outcome, just was a lot of work to get it there!

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a buddy that does fiberglass as a hobby and he walked me through it. I am very happy with the outcome, just was a lot of work to get it there!

Think you appreciate it alot more when you've put the effort in yourself.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
That and gives me the knowledge when I do another project!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts