2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, while washing the car, i found this lost fella beneath the back seat...

Any ideas where it might come from? (most probable location)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Looks a lot like something you'd get from the parts bin in Swindon.

Am I helping? ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks a lot like something you'd get from the parts bin in Swindon.

Am I helping? ;)
Maybe they were kind enough to give me a free spare part. When i got the car i found an extra towing hook in the trunk. Who knows what i'm gonna find next... a spare shiny dash? :)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Looks like a self tapping screw - might be off the interior dash trim, or maybe part of the boot trim

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to car to check again. Rear seats are full of these, but no empty screwholes... i just hope it's an extra. Maybe i'll find out when something falls off while driving :)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Went to car to check again. Rear seats are full of these, but no empty screwholes... i just hope it's an extra. Maybe i'll find out when something falls off while driving :)
I once had a similar experience in my laguna, only I found a bolt in the drivers footwell, never did find out where it came from.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I guess if a fitter drops a black screw in a black interior it's quicker to grab a new screw than try to find the dropped one.;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess if a fitter drops a black screw in a black interior it's quicker to grab a new screw than try to find the dropped one.;)
Those are my thoughts exactly, but still it's unconfortable to feel that there is the possibility of screws falling off by themselves...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
If the production line in the factory is constantly moving, then, like Allan said, it's easier just to pick up a new screw rather than piddle about looking for the dropped one. Not to mention you'd probably get told off by Honda management for being unproductive!

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
You really shouldn't complain on getting free spare parts :p

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I found exactly the same thing under my back seat, i asked them where it was from, they consulted their parts guy, who confirmed that it was nothing to do with the rear seats (just goes to show they were fobbing me off) and to hold on to it just in case i found out where it went, still haven't found a screw-less hole yet 2 months on

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Stop!

NOW!

Whatever you do, DO NOT move the car!!! :eek: :eek:

That screw is definately*, 100% vital* to the well being and safety of your* automobile.
Without it, the dohicky is no longer securely connected to the donut flange, and well - we all know what happens if that comes loose... *gulp*

* the words 'definately', 'vital' and 'your' in this context could actually be replaced by ''possibly', 'superfluous' and 'someone else's' :wink:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Mfi

Are Civics like MFI furniture- always a spare screw? OOOOOerr Mrs !

·
Registered
347 Posts
the missing screw light has come on now on the dashboard too ;)
Is this the one that Honda put on the 2.2 to replace the missing oil level light (that the manual says is there). Much better to know when there's a screw missing[smilie=tongue.gif] .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts