2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 2009 Civic ES 1.8 I picked up 3 weeks ago :smile3:

I have named her Foxy (due to the numbplate, I'm not a weird pervet, lol) She's car number 7 and my second Honda - I seem to average keeping my cars for a couple of years, but this one I feel I'll have much longer.

I was after an FN2 Type R originally, then started looking at a Type S, due to the glass roof and being a HGV driver a quick car is a big no no - I need to keep my lisence clean.

This one popped up when I was going to give up my search and was only in the next street.

She isnt't spotless, there are a couple of dents and a few jobs need doing, but the service history is simply ridiculous, theres so much of it and the engine runs absolutly superb! The previous owner had the car for around 8 years and was being sold on behalf of his son, as he sadly passed away - it was a very sad experience as it was his pride and joy.

I have a few plans, boring jobs are a clutch peddle adjustment and the steering wheel is slightly out - better plans are a rear whiteline roll bar and just enjoy it.

Heres a couple of pictures next to my dads mk9:

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Looking good!

It’s amazing how you build a list of jobs for a car that is in pretty good condition. I’ve had to constrain the budget for mine, so I don’t go silly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers buddy - it's in good condition, just a couple of bits bugging me :eek:

I might ignore the couple of dents, I'm a bit weird when it comes to parking usually :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not had chance to do much with the car due to work.

Got up at the crack of dawn this morning to have a little blast, I'm starting to gel with the car now, but starting to wish I maybe should have gone for a Type R [smilie=sarcasm.gif]

One thing I have noticed is I haven't seen another Civic with the same wheels, not sure if they are original to the car as they look like they are from a Type S Accord?

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Correct,they are OEM Accord wheels.

Στάλθηκε από το TA-1033 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys! Those cars look lovely :D

Already got a love / hate thing for this car - it's currently having a brand new clutch and rear axle bushes fitted, I've gone for powerflex polyurethane bushes, as it was such a good exuse to :D

It's currently had a wheel alignment and fresh clutch fluid in an attempt to fix it's clutch and floaty feeling issues, but didnt work, so new clutch and bushes. It's a big cost, but didnt have a choice unfortunately.

Hopefully the car will be running correctly when I get around to picking it up :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rear anti roll bar fitted, still need to take it for a proper drive :D

Rubbish pic of one of the rear Polybushed axle

And a couple of pics of the car with a better camera

Really starting to enjoy this car now after all the bits are sorted. She's off for a trip to Dartmouth in September too, cant wait :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts