2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Type R for a week now. No stranger to forums/ Hondas / modifications, I'll keep all my ramblings in here, for anyone to nosey at their leisure :)

For anyone who's in the position that they really really want a type R and for economy or financial reasons can't do it yet, just hold out and wait for it, it's worth the wait.

My first car, was my Honda 2004 civic ep2 sport.

At 17 I wasn't making amazing money and had no cash injection from the parents or a dodgey traders policy to plunk a type r onto, so the sport was the best option for me. Loved my sport just missed a 6th gear to be honest. Mugen'd it all and it was sitting pretty :) had dreams of saving for a dc5, which was well under way, and due to a sudden change in circumstances I needed a diesel.

got looking a picked up a 2007 type s gt 2.2 diesel donkey.

2months and it was mapped, colour coded, type r interior and type r spoiler, painted wheels and used tinting spray on the light bar mid section (have noticed vinyl is the in thing for that now) :) amazing how much pennies you save with a diesel compared to petrol.

The only reason a diesel owner should not have a remap, is due to a head injury and can't comprehend what a remap is.

So bounced about diesels and mapped them along my way, Cupra's, 320d's. Circumstances swing back in my favour and its Type R time :p

Felt a dc5 is too dated inside now for me, also took an FD2 out the frame as the blanking plates on the steering wheel piss me off, knowing there should be cruise control etc :worms: a lot of money for wee things to niggle at me when you spend your time inside it.

So, knowing I'd fit a LSD at some point I wanted a civic that had one and the HID'S and built in USB already and BOOM

My 2009 Champ white FN2 #42

Previous owner was a keen vinyl wrapper, interior is all carbon wrapped very tastefully, front window tints have since been removed and the brakes are a fresh red, with the type r in white.

To be continued, cheers for reading, feel free to leave a wee comment

Yer big pal, Frazer

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers folks.

I also had that dilemma, do I wait and go for a new one, but I'd never own a brand spanking new car, so I'll let the faults roll out and jump on the band wagon then. I had to own a VTEC car in champ white first :p

Quite sure they will go 1.6 turbo, or 1.5turbo to be nice and Honda.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice mate :cool: Got any plans for mods?
Yeah I have, clear a chunk from the credit card first :) take it in baby steps from there, eibach and FRS, probably a panel filter, some track tuition a remap are definates. Much more than that it unknown. I'm not chasing increases in peak bhp, looking for nice mid range increase without going crazy on the money front.

Can't deny that a mugen rear bumper and spoiler are way down the shopping list, but there on it :p

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate :) your callipers are looking good, luckily that's exactly how mines have been done on the car before hand :p

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Very nice, your diesel one was too I liked that one looked sweet. ;-)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Good choice, it looks great (nice house as well)

Do you have any interoir shots of the carbon wrap.

John

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good choice, it looks great (nice house as well)

Do you have any interoir shots of the carbon wrap.

John
I don't actually. Will happily take some tho, will take them on my phone in the daylight. All the silver around the window switches etc, the tweeters, around the metal badge area around the gear stick, on the cockpit surrounding the rev counter etc all wrapped, really darkens down the interior. Would love dark door pillars and headliner to match.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Car looks great pal.
I had mine remapped a few weeks and its great.
Just waiting to get my front silencer removed for that extra growl.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice mate :) I'll probably do the eibach and FRS, chuck in a wee panel filter, run the gruppe N until I get a wee custom map popped in :) dunno what the going rate is for these guys that do it. There's a guy Vipviper and a southafrican chap I've got penciled down.

Would ideally like a tegiwa manifold and a Meercat custom build but don't want to be deafened for maybe 10bhp and £1000.

I really like the stock induction and exhaust note :p

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Nice mate :) I'll probably do the eibach and FRS, chuck in a wee panel filter, run the gruppe N until I get a wee custom map popped in :) dunno what the going rate is for these guys that do it. There's a guy Vipviper and a southafrican chap I've got penciled down.

Would ideally like a tegiwa manifold and a Meercat custom build but don't want to be deafened for maybe 10bhp and £1000.

I really like the stock induction and exhaust note :p
Its the group N im running with a HKS panel filter in a smoothed out box
The supspension has ben great on mine, never had an frs done though, just got the tracking done.

I like the standard note aswel that why im just altering my standard exhaust as im not chasing power.

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
You car look's awesome mate!! :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers guys.

Would love to feel how it goes with the grupe N on a standard standardish car. Saying that it would have to be after Christmas so I don't go map it already :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts