2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
All new to the forums here, so a quick hello to all first.......... I have now had my pearl black ex-gt 2.2i-dtec for 10 days, and overall I am very very happy. Great mileage, tidy performance, much much quieter than my original G8 EX 2.2, and a much nicer place to sit........ However I have already got problems with the vehicle..... see below.

1: Bluetooth within the ICE system worked for three days, and now no longer connects to any device at all. try deleting original device, and the entire system locks up, and can only be reset by switching off the ignition. Honda initially claimed that my phone was causing the issues,,,,,until 3 of their technicians tried pairing up, only to find that they couldnt. Honda claim it will require a whole new head unit.
2: Subwoofer in the boot has no output!!! Again, honda claim it was the way I had set up the system. Not sure how this could be the case.
3: Hill start asisst whilst in ECO mode. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it dont. Yet again, Honda blaming the driver for not knowing how to use the stop start technology properly. Seems a little odd to me given how easy the system is. put it in Neutral, and take yer foot off the clutch. Engine dies :smile:. Put foot on the clutch, and engage 1st, engine starts, and brakes are supposed to be applied to stop rolling....... but this only happens 10% of the time........

My biggest issue believe it or not, is not that of the actual issues with the car, but more the responses from the dealers!!! Being treated like you are stupid is not a nice way to treat someone who has just spent £27K on a brand new car!!!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Might be worth getting a second opinion from another Honda dealer.

Or phone up Honda UK, see if they can persuade your dealer to be a little more helpful.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts