2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Ok ,I decided it's time to share here.

I have started build a new K20/K24 engine into my CTR especially for track days, but for daily use also.
It's gonna be completely new engine with K24 Block and K20 Head with wrought pistons and connecting rods, new oil pump, new valves etc.....
With the new engine I should see 280BHP & 280NM
My current engine would be a emergency engine.

This project is a little time-consuming, so I suppose finish it approx to January - February 2010.

I will inform here about further steps.

Dawid S

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Wow Dawid, that will be very impressive !!!
Godd luck with the project !
Just curios, how much will rev the new engine ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow Dawid, that will be very impressive !!!
Godd luck with the project !
Just curios, how much will rev the new engine ?
a proper built frankinstein engine should be able to take a 10k rpm pounding all day long as long as its been built with good parts crower pistons.eagle rods etc;)

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
yea dawid im glad you are going down that route..stay N/a like me :) im doing the same after seeing someone over here do it..his is pumpin out 296bhp!!!

awesome..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's possible to rev K20/K24 engine up to 10000rpm but in K24 engine the stroke piston is very short, shorter than in K20 and reving K24 up to 10000rpm is not 100% safe for a long period of time, that is way reving up to 8200rpm is very safe and I could hit the revlimiter as many times I want without issues.
Honda K-Series engines are designed and manufactured as N/A so I'm following this path ......

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I'm also very courious how it's gonna be with K20/K24 engine in FN2. For sure, a lot of power & torque !

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds good seen a K24 Civic last year for sale on Autotrader with a turbo 500 bhp seems a healthly power upgrade

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What needs to build K20/K24 engine in the beginning :

Requirements:

- K24 bottom end
- K24 headgasket, timing chain, timing chain cover
- 2006 CRV Passenger side Engine mount bracket

Options:

- 2006+ Accord oil pump, chain and baffle
- K20Z4 stock oil cooler

More info on the way...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Needs

Upps, sorry doubled post. Deleted

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Will this setup be only for track, or will it be ok for daily driving ?
Will you have the same OEM stable idle rpm or an unstable/higher one like those racing cars ?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Will this setup be only for track, or will it be ok for daily driving ?
Will you have the same OEM stable idle rpm or an unstable/higher one like those racing cars ?
The idea of the new engine was keep my stock Head, but in that case I would have only one engine. I have decided go further and make second engine which can be used for daily use as well.

Just an example :

If engine would explode or damage somehow I have still second engine K20 250BHP. I don't have to intend damage this engine at all, but I would have second, just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I've understood that, but my question was related to the new engine k24/k20 head, will this new one have OEM idle rpm or unstable/higher idle rpm like the real racing car have due aggressive cams or others ... ?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The new K20/K24 would have set idle on 1250rpm

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Hi,

So, guess you been reading quite a bit on k20a.org then.... ;)

If i had the €€€€s that would have been my route aswell!!

Good luck and keep us informed.

Regards

Paulo

1 - 20 of 496 Posts