2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a serious issue but it gets really irritating and takes the fun away from going up through the gears. I have a slightly loose clutch pedal, it moves around 5mm vertically down before the pedal stroke actually begins. Its most notable when letting off the clutch because it produces a metal on metal clang, very annoying.

Not my video, but this is the same problem.

Any idea how it can be adjusted, I don't want to just turning nuts incase it slightly engages the clutch permanently.

Cheers,

Liam.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
You can raise the bite to get the CMC rod to take the slack of the pedal. This is only really useful however if your bite is already too low.

You can also make sure that the CMC rod is actually tight (12mm nut) on the pedal as that can cause some slack.

If it turns out to be the pedalbox itself mate I have a spare one I can sell cheap :)
Fitting is a PITA but I can do that too.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,068 Posts
The clevis pin is 8mm in diameter whereas the hole in the pedal arm is 10mm in diameter. There's a 1mm walled nylon bush in there, it could be that that's worn and needs changing. I don't know if Honda do a replacement though.

·
4,277 Posts
Screw the cruise control switch in further.
Completely forgot about that!! Should do the trick as the rubber bump-stop is on the moving pedal itself.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Muse - The biting point is already on the floor so raising it up won't be any issue, ill have a look at that.

Nut - I doubt they would either, car hasn't done many miles so I hope it hasn't worn out.

Vyse - Intermittently my cruise control won't set so I'm guessing you may be right, which one is the cruise control switch?

·
4,277 Posts
17mm nut above the clutch pedal and attached is a cylindrical switch with wire coming out the top.

Crack the nut, unplug the switch and turn until it starts to move the pedal down. Back off a little bit so it's not pushing the pedal, tighten the 17mm and plug back in.

Takes 1min literally, happy to sort it if you do end up picking the milltek up as it's no bother :)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers, if I get time to have a look I will try and sort it out. Is it tomorrow you're getting the new exhaust?

·
4,277 Posts
Cheers, if I get time to have a look I will try and sort it out. Is it tomorrow you're getting the new exhaust?
Dead easy, just a 17mm spanner.
Just don't forget to unplug before twisting to avoid damaging cables.

Yep, 8:30am mate.... I don't do pre-10am lol :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts