1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
those funny french

·
您看了
456 Posts
Ave a word... they seem to have stolen most of this site's post's as well...... In fact in one forum one of their members has linked to this very site boasting where he's getting his information from..... cheeky barstewards :lol:

Prehaps if you have a word they will surrender? :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mind, there's no "competition" 'cos they all talk funny so we can all do our own things. I had a good trawl to see if they know anything interesting, but as you say all the interesting stuff seems to be copied from here!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes! And I thought that in the avatar department, this

bounce.gif

was quite nice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys :)

I'm one of those funny frenchies ... actually I'm the one that posted the "auto-lock" HOW-TO in french, explaining that i found it on this forum !

Pottsy is right, there's absolutely no competition between those sites, there's even (maybe ?) some friendship to create !!

IMHO, the french forum is still in its early stages, and in demand for many things that have been posted here, so if you don't mind, I (and others) shall go for some translating posts (in both directions, *if* a froggie can post a thing that isn't here).

Regarding myself, i'm really interested in a "connect-and-manage-your-mp3-player-with-onboard-stereo" thread !! an 20G+ iPod (or clone) recognized as a CD changer !! (but this is in another category of posts)

And, first of all, i'm driving a Galaxy Sport 2.2 since March and already did 7000 Kms with it.

May this forum "live long & prosper" (the Star Trek Touch seems to be present here ;) )
Catcha soon !

t0m

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well i dunno if the Civic already has a nickname in UK, but here in france we (owners + members of forum + a couple reporters) call it ORNI.

Why that ? because O.V.N.I. (Objet Volant Non Identifié) is french for UFO ... so i dunno how to translate but sth like UDO (unknown driveable object ?)

Bye,
t0m

·
您看了
456 Posts
t0mt0m said:
Hi Guys :)

I'm one of those funny frenchies ... actually I'm the one that posted the "auto-lock" HOW-TO in french, explaining that i found it on this forum !

Pottsy is right, there's absolutely no competition between those sites, there's even (maybe ?) some friendship to create !!

IMHO, the french forum is still in its early stages, and in demand for many things that have been posted here, so if you don't mind, I (and others) shall go for some translating posts (in both directions, *if* a froggie can post a thing that isn't here).

Regarding myself, i'm really interested in a "connect-and-manage-your-mp3-player-with-onboard-stereo" thread !! an 20G+ iPod (or clone) recognized as a CD changer !! (but this is in another category of posts)

And, first of all, i'm driving a Galaxy Sport 2.2 since March and already did 7000 Kms with it.

May this forum "live long & prosper" (the Star Trek Touch seems to be present here ;) )
Catcha soon !

t0m
Hello :D

Cool on the translation idea.. I did have a good look around your site yesterday and it's pretty busy indeed. Couldn't read a word of it, but loads of words there :D So sure you guys might have info we don't.

It might be an idea to put a link on respective main pages? Kinda like those twin towned ideas for see so much of (In the uk loads of the smaller villages have a "twined with...." sign indicating thier sister village in Europe. Not sure if you have the same in France?)

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
552 Posts
Hahahaha....that German sense of humour gets me every time :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
t0mt0m said:
Well i dunno if the Civic already has a nickname in UK, but here in france we (owners + members of forum + a couple reporters) call it ORNI.

Why that ? because O.V.N.I. (Objet Volant Non Identifié) is french for UFO ... so i dunno how to translate but sth like UDO (unknown driveable object ?)

Bye,
t0m
That's interesting since 'orni over here means something completely different. :oops: :wink:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
StGeli said:
t0mt0m said:

Bye,
t0m
That's interesting since 'orni over here means something completely different. :oops: :wink:
Is that orni with a "H"?.....lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts