2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Yesterday I saw a interior pack that honda is offering for 2015 model. They made some of the parts red. I liked idea and thought "why not make that in my car?".
The foil used is 3m scotchprint intense blue. It matches dash backlight and footwell light pretty well.
To be honest I still don't know if I love it or hate it, it's gonna stay on for few weeks and than I'll decide whether to leave them or change the color. For sure that's one unique civic :)

Let me know if you like that!

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
I've seen the red trim and I'm not a fan. Too bling for me, I'm a matt black person.

Not keen on the current silver trim round the gearstick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like the black set, looks pretty good.
Btw, did you make that youself? or you ordered these as parts from the dealer?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I want some! How did you do it?

Also you climate control is set at 17C... mine only goes as low as 19C before it goes to Lo. Is there a new setting I don't know about?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I want some! How did you do it?

Also you climate control is set at 17C... mine only goes as low as 19C before it goes to Lo. Is there a new setting I don't know about?

Yes I noticed that a while back. I think the EU model Climate Control temperature range is 16 C (lo) to 30 C (hi).

I would like to have the climate control start at 16 C instead of the current 18 C as sometimes on a really hot day, 18 C is not sufficient.

There must be a way to change the temperature range. Isn't there a thread somewhere on a climate control diagnostic function?

I suspect that the AC system has not been built to guarantee 16C cooled air for a hot Australian summer (I have personally been in the car on a scorching hot Summer day - 47.5C official temperature).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes I noticed that a while back. I think the EU model Climate Control temperature range is 16 C (lo) to 30 C (hi).

I would like to have the climate control start at 16 C instead of the current 18 C as sometimes on a really hot day, 18 C is not sufficient.

There must be a way to change the temperature range. Isn't there a thread somewhere on a climate control diagnostic function?

I suspect that the AC system has not been built to guarantee 16C cooled air for a hot Australian summer (I have personally been in the car on a scorching hot Summer day - 47.5C official temperature).
I should ask the dealer next time about this. Surely the weather here in Australia is much more hotter than the weather in EU...

Does your climate control have a 18C setting? Mine only goes to 19C as the lowest number.

The diagnostics was only for testing the climate, but not changing any settings? Could you also change to F?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Is it easy to do, wouldn't mind changing my side air vents to silver to match the door handles. Did you have to remove them first?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, they're pretty easy to remove. You have to grip them well and pull firmly to you. They're secured by latches only.
I had a problem with foil sticking to that matte surface, I decided not to try to stick it on whole surface, just stretched it over the whole element. It made really smooth transition and looks better that honda genuine red plastics IMHO.
Considering climate control, mine can go as low as 16 and than one less is LO. It has no problem maintaining that temperature inside, even if it's 40*C outside. To be honest, during summer I set it to 19-21*C because the "smart" function makes it cold as hell inside when set to 16-17*C and when sensor is in direct sunlight.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I should ask the dealer next time about this. Surely the weather here in Australia is much more hotter than the weather in EU...

Does your climate control have a 18C setting? Mine only goes to 19C as the lowest number.

The diagnostics was only for testing the climate, but not changing any settings? Could you also change to F?

19 is the lowest number. Lo (probably equivalent to 18c) would be the same as full cold with no hot air blended in.

What i would really like to get working is the auto door lock once the car is in motion. It has been disabled on all variants except for the 9G in South Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I think it looks unique and if you like it then keep it. I prefer the original styling in my car. But everybody has their own tastes. Do what is right for you! I would advise removing it before you sell the car though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts