2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
My solution....don't hang one anywhere. I hate the smell of air fresheners. Just keep your car clean.
+1

But if you really need some airfresheners I think that martinez suggestions is the absolute best solution.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
One of the key points about air fresheners is that they are universal equipment for mini cabs operating in areas where there's quite a lot of late night vomiting. The deeply unpleasant, pervasive stench they exhude is worth suffering because it covers up something even worse.

In all other cases, I'm somewhat at a loss to understand their benefit.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts

Class!!!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I tent not to use any air fresheners. My car is always fresh as I use Autoglym's Odor Eliminator every time I wash the car. Those air freshenrs dissolve air oils that have the tendency to stick on the AC evaporator and cause air conditioning to smell bad. Most of the bacteria that arising on the evaporators are because of that freshners. A good solution for good air qualiy in the car is a device called Ionizer, widely available for car's sicarette ligher but for me is not good as i hate to have enything else in the car except the originals.

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
ive always hung my air freshners from the rear view mirror in all my cars, never deamed it an issue!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I've always thought that hanging ANYTHING from the rear-view mirror was a really bad idea ... 1} it obscures some of your forward vision ... 2} in the event of an accident, you could just end up with a 'magic-tree' or whatever embedded in your eye ! ...

·
Veedub
519 Posts
Ive always like the New Car Scent version. If I put one in my car I usually hang it around the metal stay on the Drivers headrest, I get the smell to enjoy and it's no distraction to anyone.

As for not needing anything just keeping the car clean, you could probably eat off the floor of my Hawk, its always kept pristine (Not that I'd let you), but dampness gets into every car at this time of the year and dampness causes smell, and the pleasant smell of New Car Scent is welcome IMO ;)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I use the carplan pink "tutti fruity" smell (pretty much cos it reminds me of boillies), but that sits in my cup holder happily. But I can't stand things around mirrors they annoy me sooo much ;-)

"Fresheners...where do you hang them from? " - Remember the documentary with the weird guys who 'like' cars............ wonder what they're answer would be? LOL

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

and the Black Ice magic forest:

funnily enuff i have the black ice fresheners in my ctr lol - i hang 1 from the rear mirror and the used ones go in my door cards while they still have smell in them

21 - 35 of 35 Posts