2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed my cluster with a 2nd hand one as it was faulty , as soon as i turned key to try newly fitted cluster the engine light came on , then the car wouldnt start , i put old cluster back in and car still wouldnt start. I phoned honda and they told me i should have disconnected battery first and ive probably buggered my ecu.

Has anyone else had problems with ecu before and what kind of price can i expect to cough up ?

cheers j

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Explain doesn't start - does it crank, no crank, etc.

When swapping the cluster did you have the keys in the ignition?

During the cluster swap, might you have bashed the dashboard? If so, then maybe the crash cut-off needs reseting - check it inside the drivers dash end panel.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Also to above, have you now disconnected the earth from the battery and left for about 10 mins to try and reset the ecu??

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah it cranks over with a healthy battery , just wont ignite ... keys were not in ignition , when I first turned key after fitting new cluster a big engine sign light showed on dash , went away when I refitted old cluster . No other none ordinary lights showing , just won’t fire up , never bashed any dash will reset what u said when I get home , is it in the triangular shaped end panel of dash ?

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are a superstar bud , if u were here just now I would kiss you ! Triangle bit off , pressed down the little black button and it started straight away ! Was the sweetest sound I’ve heard in a long long time .

Your my new hero ... cheers !

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Fantastic news mate, I can almost imagine the joy when it fired up :grin2: all credit to @Farqui though for mentioning it in the first place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts