2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

After 2 Civics with which I was very happy, on Friday I picked up a brand new CRV. It is the 1.6 iDtec 4WD AT9 Executive + Honda Sensing. I purchased some OEM mods already:

- Chrome Door Garnish: 08F57-T0A-600
- Boot tray: 08U45-T1G-600
- Cargo Step Protector: 08P01-T0A-600
- CRV OEM ashtray

- OEM 17' Corvus wheels, for winter setup: 08W17-T0A-600

I made also a full exterior ceramic wax coating (from Wolf chemicals) to protect it from dirt and other substances, and interior sealant for all the leather covered elements.

The only mod I am currently intending to do is installing the waze application.

s

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Sandy. Same to you! :smile3:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bog. Do you have one of those, are they useful? Actually, I am not caring too much in my armrest, I wouldn’t need to organize it...

Unfortunately I’ve discovered that I have the bloody 0F.95.01.1123 software version, which means Honda connect is useless, I cannot install waze&the rest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Thanks Bog. Do you have one of those, are they useful? Actually, I am not caring too much in my armrest, I wouldn’t need to organize it...

Unfortunately I’ve discovered that I have the bloody 0F.95.01.1123 software version, which means Honda connect is useless, I cannot install waze&the rest...

Yes i do have one and is usefull... save reaching deep in the armrest for small items.

Shame about the software... hopefully someone finds a work around.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
With the new winter setup: 17'' OEM wheels with Conti Winter Contacts, vs 18'' wheels with summer Contis.

Also, am very happy with the OEM ashtray that fits spot on in the first central console space:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After I noticed that my gps signal was constantly showing my position wrongly on the map (couple of streets sideways than my real position)-which was solved by a reset to factory settings, now I’ve found another annoying issue with the connect device: my unit always remember the last screen, no matter if I set the “remember last screen” option to no or yes. Are you having the same issue or it is just mine that behaves like this? I was and I am so happy with all my apple devicesso far, Android is just a ****ing ******** in comparisson...

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I just bought few OEM mods:
- 08P96-T1G-600, Cargo room garnish;
- 75719-T0A-000, Honda AWD emblem from CRV 4*4 models in the states;

I also bought some goodies from aliexpress:
- rubber seal for the front doors (I had this on my civic, I don't know why Honda did not put it on CRV also...):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KUST-2PCS-Rubber-Door-Seal-Filler-Strip-For-CRV-2015-2016-Door-Protection-Sealant-Strip-for/32759203521.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OgPXGh
- wireless modem:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unlocked-HUAWEI-E3276S-500-LTE-Cat4-USB-Surfstick-huawei-e3276-lte-usb-rotator/32493674117.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OgPXGh
- central armrest tray (thank you for recommendation, Bog!):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-armrest-storage-box-Glove-box-tray-storage-box-For-Honda-CRV-CR-V-JADE-Crider/32804586930.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OgPXGh

Next item would be the back spoiler.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
And I managed to install them just before Holidays!

Merry Christmas everyone !

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I built a custom made qi wireless charger, embedded in the armrest tray, which works great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought and installed these interesting and useful illuminated door seals:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesterday I managed to finally install Honda Permissions and third party apps (Waze, google maps, Spotify, etc) on my 2017 Honda connect device, using the latest method from xda forum. Am very happy with my car now!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have the release highlights for RC9? I wonder if I should risk installing it, i am afraid of loosing Mike’s permissions in the process...

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
Do you have the release highlights for RC9? I wonder if I should risk installing it, i am afraid of loosing Mike’s permissions in the process...
I'm 99.9% Sure you will; The update wipes the device, and as of the RC8 Update, there has been no news as to sideloading apps yet, though I'm planning on trying a rooting method with the USB Debug port when I get the chance.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just applied the method that you referred, on my RC8, I mentioned above. Works like a charm!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts