2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just thought i would introduce myself as i am now the proud owner of a new civic 1.8 ex in cosmic grey, with cream interior.

firstly i would like to say that renault meganes are a nightmare, had one for three years prior to buying the civic today. Had so so so many problems with it that i just couldn't cope anymore and the final decider was the turbo on the 1.9dci blowing up on me with lots of flames at 90 on the motorway. so i part xd it. never had a honda before as i am only 23 and not owned many cars but i can safely say that the new love in my life is the civic(just have to wait to get it on saturday:D )

Anyway can anyone give me any tips on how to get the best from the car and also does the hft work with the sony erricson k800i?

CANT WAIT TO GET THE BEAST:D :D :D :D :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Hi

Hello, guess I have been lucky with my Megane which I have had for nearly 3 years and have done 70K miles in. It has been as good as gold and in some ways I will be sad to see it go next Monday. Having said that I can't wait to get my civic.

I also have a K800i and there is a post on here somewhere about someone who could not get it to work until they had the firmware upgraded on the phone. You can download a application from the sony ericsson web site that will update it for you free. I think you need a minimum version of R1ED001.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Tom

I must admit I'm a bit anti French cars having had a bad experience. Candle seems to have got a goodun tho.

Welcome to the site. Hope you will spend many happy hours here!

:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sony ericson phone

thanks for the help with the phone there candle, hopefully it will help as long as i can get it working then i dont mind having to download things etc..

so it seems that me after 3 years bad experience
you after 3 years good experience and were both dropping the megane for the civic, speaks volumes don't you think lol

can't wait to get mine on saturday i think i have been quite lucky with only having to wait a week for mine as some of the posts people have said they were waiting months. that would drive me mad. luckily they had the one i liked.

one last thing again if anyone can help? my reg will be a 56 but with only delivery miles. and a lot of people on the forum have mentioned problems with the music system needing updating and the hft needing a bit of work done... are these the first few that came out or will mine prob need these too???????

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
one last thing again if anyone can help? my reg will be a 56 but with only delivery miles. and a lot of people on the forum have mentioned problems with the music system needing updating and the hft needing a bit of work done... are these the first few that came out or will mine prob need these too???????

Music system - needs updating whatever reg :(
well - maybe a bit harsh - the stock one is OK - but definately no better than OK. some people have problems with the RDS not holding onto stations properly, but this doesn't seem to be a common problem (or - not many people have noticed)

HFT - will probably need the fix applied - although they might have done it already.
Easiest way to check is to take it out for a spin on the motorway, and call someone :D
it's a quick fix if it does need doing :)

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
I also came from a rubbish Megane, strange thing is I worried for a long time that I'd miss it. Took about 5 mins in my new car to rid those thoughts out of my head! I'm not a fan of French cars, I'd like a citroen C6 though!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
The Civic must be one of the most comfortable and versatile cars on the road today. I have had a totally fault free 7 months with mine, just wish that I could get the courage to have a go at upgrading my front speakers to 'Infinitys'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts