2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up people, quick hello from Manchester.

Well Ive not yet actually purchased my Type R. Ive test drove an EP3 and FN2 on the same day. I must say, i do much prefer the interior of the FN2 but i think the EP3 is definitely more me. It just feels more race car :grin2:

Anyways, i'm coming from a Focus ST 225, with all the usual mods. I'm looking forward to the change back to N/A as my last few cars have been turbo. There's just something about the VTEC sound that makes me want one! Has anyone else made this change? any regrets?

Buzzing to getting mine in the new year and getting to know you guys. :grouphug:

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Welcome. I think I'm qualified to respond :laugh2:
Went Ep3 to ST225 in 2010. The St is great in 3rd from 30 to ahem. Mine used to pop and bang due to dump valve. Fuel consumption not good :)
Ep3 much better in corners, about the same in a straight line. Went Fn2 in 2014, great interior and not as raw as the ep3. Much better car when modded. Back in an ep3 with mods and more to come.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. I think I'm qualified to respond :laugh2:
Went Ep3 to ST225 in 2010. The St is great in 3rd from 30 to ahem. Mine used to pop and bang due to dump valve. Fuel consumption not good :)
Ep3 much better in corners, about the same in a straight line. Went Fn2 in 2014, great interior and not as raw as the ep3. Much better car when modded. Back in an ep3 with mods and more to come.

That power from the 3rd gear is sublime, still the most fun ive had in a car up to now >:) popping and banging also!

If you were to go for a modded ep3 or modded fn2 which would you prefer? Going to check out your threads

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
The Fn2 was enjoyable to mod, but to get to say 250bhp staying NA is expensive, the ep3 a bit cheaper to get that figure. There is no balancer shaft in the ep3 and no Maf sensor which is a bonus. I've just put a JDM rarb on and it's a big improvement on a car that handles well out of the box. I'm trying to keep a stock look but transform the car underneath, the tegiwa m is a bit of a giveaway over 6k rpm :laugh2:.
Both enjoyable, never modded my first ep3 so always fancied doing it.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
This is just 240bhp, about the same as the R32 :grin2:
Induction, zorst, uprated intake mani and remap will see you there, to go further a header and cams.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think 250bhp in such a light car is plenty though! especially one that can rev that high. :grin2: Ive seen quite a lot of people with the Tegiwa, seems the one of choice.
The Mrs has an Abarth and its got 190bhp, mapped, exhaust, intake etc. That thing weights the same as a ep3 and its a quick car for such a small engine. So i can imagine just how quick they are.

Suprised me last year when i was behind an ep3 in my mk1 Cupra R with the works (forged, bigger turbo etc) with just over 300 bhp. Which for one of them is quick. Foot down, but the ep3 was just pulling away. Shocked me to be honest!! Goes to show what these things are capable of. Power to weight and all that.

Heard about people getting the fast road set up. Might have to be one of the things to get done first :nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Hello and welcome, nice to hear that people are more intrested in N/A than turbo. I have to say though that looking at getting big BHP gains without turbo is expensive. I’m thinking of holding off on the usual cai and exhaust etc and because I don’t want noise but power looking at possibly someday fitting a charger which will make all the gains and more for what is probably only a couple grand more but job done.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello and welcome, nice to hear that people are more intrested in N/A than turbo. I have to say though that looking at getting big BHP gains without turbo is expensive. I’m thinking of holding off on the usual cai and exhaust etc and because I don’t want noise but power looking at possibly someday fitting a charger which will make all the gains and more for what is probably only a couple grand more but job done.
Hi mate

To be honest Ive surprised myself. I thought id always be turbo now but i think i just want something different. There's nothing like some good old B roads with a N/A. Seems the Type R is classed as one of the very best N/A cars out there so it has to be tried IMO [smilie=giggle.gif]

Ive spotted some of the superchargers myself to be honest. I had a look at TTS who seem to be a decent company, not sure if anyone here has used them?
£180ish a month for 12 months on 0% as well is speaking my language :rock: plus you kind of keep that N/A power delivery with a charger dont you.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Here's my modded FN2 and my part modded ep3.
I've had a few turbos but the high rev NA is for me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
£180ish a month for 12 months on 0% as well is speaking my language :rock: plus you kind of keep that N/A power delivery with a charger dont you.
Very interesting, will have to check that out lol
I’m new to FN2 but do love they way it drives and sounds, for daily use the standard power is ok but for the lanes I just would like that extra but without raising attention to myself. I’ve read the low down power deliver is fantastic with a supercharger and that is what I think I’m after. Plus for early stages there are great gains with standard induction and exhaust.

Good luck with which ever way you decide and above all have fun with it :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Very nice, love both cars equally. Something about the ep3. Raised attention to Honda road going cars I think.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like that carbon bonnet, looks the nuts! :grin2:
Ep3 i think is the one for me! looking forward to coming back to N/A though, refreshing change. How are they on the motorway? dont do much motorway journeys but do maybe a couple long (4/5 hr) journeys a year

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very interesting, will have to check that out lol
I’m new to FN2 but do love they way it drives and sounds, for daily use the standard power is ok but for the lanes I just would like that extra but without raising attention to myself. I’ve read the low down power deliver is fantastic with a supercharger and that is what I think I’m after. Plus for early stages there are great gains with standard induction and exhaust.

Good luck with which ever way you decide and above all have fun with it :grin2:
check the website out, wont let me post link yet

whats good is you dont need any supporting mods apart from the car, anything else you add is a bonus!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Whats up people, quick hello from Manchester.

Well Ive not yet actually purchased my Type R. Ive test drove an EP3 and FN2 on the same day. I must say, i do much prefer the interior of the FN2 but i think the EP3 is definitely more me. It just feels more race car :grin2:

Anyways, i'm coming from a Focus ST 225, with all the usual mods. I'm looking forward to the change back to N/A as my last few cars have been turbo. There's just something about the VTEC sound that makes me want one! Has anyone else made this change? any regrets?

Buzzing to getting mine in the new year and getting to know you guys. :grouphug:
welcome mate
Next year I am also going to buy an fn2 or ep3 still undecided myself .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts