2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys you may have seen my posts complaining about my Type R's needlessly harsh suspension.

So Im thinking of exchanging it for a 2.4 Accord....
Mmmmmm
So If there is anyone out there who has done the same please reassure me that Im not crazy!!

The reason I decided on the 2.4 is:
1. Same BHP so hopefully the grunt will still put a smile on my face.
2. Sophisticated suspension
3. Attractive bodykit

Its either that or a 2.0 A4 :facepalm:
Dont hold back
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did this same thing - although moved from the previous type R to the previous Accord Type S. Did I regret it? No. I appreciated the quick yet smoother experience, less boy racerish. Only 1 drawback - the depreciation on the 2.4 Accord was quite steep ("everyone wants the diesel sir!). Well, not everyone, cos I like a car to sound like a car. Not a van.

Oh, and this is only my opinon, the Audi A4 is majorly disappointing. Absolutly nothing special to drive, offset pedals are just bizarre, and once the novelty of the posh badge wears off, they are just plain dull.

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Your not crazy, but...wouldnt changing the suspension set - up on the type r be more cost effective? Some good coilovers out there fore £1kish...and i dont think you "have to" lower it? Im not really clued up on suspension. But that was my first thought.

Just my opinion...good luck with the decision!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts