2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...B for baby that is...

The wife's car is in for warranty work tomorrow and since the garage is close to where I work we get to swap for the day :confused:

That means me having to baby-proof the CTR - car seat, headrest mirror, pushchair and the ultimate...baby on board sticker :facepalm:

The only plus point is I won't be driving it with the teddy in the rear window.

Go easy on me...I'm doing it for the kid!

Cheers

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
I had to go buy a new child seat when I got the civic, there was no way the old manky seat was going anywhere near my new motor.

I managed to find a recaro seat for my little girl... pink with flowers tooo

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, I've been eyeing up the recaro red and black seat... well it's gotta match, right???

Right now my little girl is only 6 months so a way to go before she's out of the infant carrier

On a vaguely serious note for any soon-to-be parents, the car does work just fine as a family ride - three doors is a pain, but that's hardly exclusive to the CTR.

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Civics work just fine. Mums got the 5 door ES. I've got the R. we've each got a baby seat. Baby is 11 months and guess which car is easier to put baby into?

The Type R! ??

You step into the rear of the car and sit on the back of the front passenger seat while doing up baby's straps. Very easy. The five door is a bit more awkward as you have to do it from outside the car. Boot is plenty big enough for mammas and pappas Buggy. :)

Added bonus with taking baby in the Type R is I can park in the parent and baby spaces.
Worst thing about having a three door is the size and opening arc of the doors in car parks.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
My daughter has been through 1 x EP3 and 2 x FN2 with me. She is now turning into a petrol head like her mother :D

You step into the rear of the car and sit on the back of the front passenger seat while doing up baby's straps. Very easy. The five door is a bit more awkward as you have to do it from outside the car. Boot is plenty big enough for mammas and pappas Buggy. :)
I found this to be the case.

I was following a people carrier down the slip road off the motorway yesterday when suddenly the rear door swung open. I flashed the driver who pulled over. On passing the car i saw a small child in the back who must have opened the door. Its a good job they were well strapped in. Obviously the driver had forgotten to use the child locks. At least in a 3 door car you never have to worry about this.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My daughter has been through 1 x EP3 and 2 x FN2 with me. She is now turning into a petrol head like her mother :D
Most little girls want dolls or clothes and such like, presumably your daughter is hanging on for a Mugen wing???? ;)

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Most little girls want dolls or clothes and such like, presumably your daughter is hanging on for a Mugen wing???? ;)
Unfortunately (for my finances :rolleyes:) Nick i think she is hanging on for the car that comes attached to it.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Haha, I've been eyeing up the recaro red and black seat... well it's gotta match, right???

Right now my little girl is only 6 months so a way to go before she's out of the infant carrier

On a vaguely serious note for any soon-to-be parents, the car does work just fine as a family ride - three doors is a pain, but that's hardly exclusive to the CTR.

Cheers

Nick
just wait for the day she says "floor it dad" [smilie=giggle.gif]

got my car back after 3 weeks with a vauxhall insignia and louise was dancing for joy...
will never forget how she said "we should find a straight road and floor it dad" :proud:
not sure who wants a type R more ? me or her ??

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Having only had my derv civic for less than a month, I often forget about the turbo boost and my little girl said the other day "Daddy, I like that woosh, do it again and go super fast" I think she watches too much Little Einsteins

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

Nick
Definitely!! I bought this the day I bought my car:
http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/child-seats/young-sport.php#image In 'Bellini Punched Cherry / Black'. Can't fault it either.

I literally picked up my car from Grimsby and drove back to Nottingham via Wakefield to pick it up lol. The red doesnt perfectly match so sometimes I think I'd have been better with a plain black seat. It looks pretty sweet though as the 'Recaro' stitching on the side of the head rest is at the perfect height to be spotted through the rear window! A bit 'materialistic' I know but its wicked-kool.

You step into the rear of the car and sit on the back of the front passenger seat while doing up baby's straps. Very easy.

Added bonus with taking baby in the Type R is I can park in the parent and baby spaces.
Worst thing about having a three door is the size and opening arc of the doors in car parks.
Couldn't have put it any better myself. It's not as if its a tight squeeze to get through into the rear seats either. There's plenty of space.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I shall be converting to Type-Rb too in 15 weeks so good to know all of the above. Immediately spotted the recaro's on stepping into kiddicare - definitely need something to go with the R decor.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
I have 2 kids (4 yr & 18mnths) and both fit just fine with no probs in my Type S Derv! My 4 year old gets mad if I go slow!! He keeps telling me to pass the slow cars. It is too cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, Civinfo...the forum where children are addicted to speed!!!! That's speed as in motion I hasten to add...and within the confines of the legal limit...ahem...

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Is that a Quinny buzz?

NOW THATS SAD THAT I KNOW THAT!!!!!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that a Quinny buzz?

NOW THATS SAD THAT I KNOW THAT!!!!!
Sure is mate...and sure is mate...!!! Haha no not sad, just the sign of a loving father, right?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Sure is mate...and sure is mate...!!! Haha no not sad, just the sign of a loving father, right?
Yup got a wee 5 month old girl, Penny. She's a wee cracker!

When I had my CTS, I had allll the baby stuff in it hehe

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts