2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car was in a bit of an accident and I have decided to fix it myself. Parts that need done are:
  • front bumper;
  • passenger side front wing (quarter panel);
  • left halogen headlight;
  • passenger side wing mirror (non-folded).
I have found most parts on eBay in my color code as to make for a simple old-out new-in operation. The problem is most of the parts are for the higher trim level EX.

The bumper has fog lights but I can easily take these out and pop my old plastic bits in.

The wing mirror has a folding function but mine doesn't. Can I rewire the mirror plug as to not use the folding function? Or will the adjustment work fine but simply the mirror won't fold?

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Have you already got a wingmirror? If you already got powerfold one it will still be ok. The powerfold has 9 wires in the connector and the non power only has 7. But the 7 are the same in each. I've some non powerfold here if you needed one

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another update for anyone else having similar issues in the future. The mirror will work just fine with no need of rewiring. There are only two extra wires in the plug for the folding function and as they are simply empty on the end that is in the car no issues will occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts